How Has Amazon Used Technology Essay
Paper type: Essay
Words: 408, Paragraphs: 7, Pages: 2
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!
1. How has Amazon used technology to revamp the bookselling industry? Amazon uses technology envelop in search engine of a website. The company captures comments and recommendations of buyers for site visitors to read and also recommends which book to buy. The website captures all the information of the customer such as what pages they are looking at, how much time they spend on site, no of visitors etc. This information is used by the company to evaluate buying and selling patterns of the book industry.
2. Is Amazon using disruptive or sustaining technology to run its business? Amazon is using disruptive technology where it uses new ways to do things that doesnot satisfy the existing customers. This technology brings up new market and destroy the old one to run the business successfully.
3. How could Amazon use kiosks to improve its business?
Amazon released a free website that enables its business partners to interact with its website.
This website allows partners to create, access to data, populate and even initiating checkout process so that business can improve.
This is the way Amazon uses kiosks to improve its business.
4. What is Amazon’s e-business model?
Amazon uses Business-to-Customer model because here it sells the product or services to customers over the internet.
5. Which metrics could Amazon use to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of Amazon’s website?
Efficiency: Amazon uses following metrics for its efficiency. Throughput: amazon introduces new techniques and brings infront of the customers in a given time and according to time
Transaction speed: the website speed is so fast that all transactions of the customers are done quickly.
Availability: amazon provides everything for the customers so that it is available for everyone and everything is available in its website.
Effectiveness: amazon uses the following metrics for its effectiveness. Customer satisfaction: amazon always thinks about the requirements of the customers so that they will be satisfied. Conversion rates: amazon charges for the customers for using their site but it be reasonable for the customers to bear. Sell-through increases: as amazon fulfills the requirements of the customers, sales also increase automatically.
6. What are some of the business challenges facing Amazon?
Amazon has been spread global wide. But there are some issues with some countries where language became the main barrier. Site has been forbidden because they include foreign languages through which bookseller site could not be operated. So amazon have to face this challenge for its business improvements.