1. Introduction IT HAS BEEN A LONG FELT NECESSITY TO ALIGN HIGHER EDUCATION WITH THE EMERGING NEEDS OF THE ECONOMY SO AS TO ENSURE THAT THE GRADUATES OF HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM HAVE ADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS FOR EMPLOYMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
THE HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM HAS TO INCORPORATE THE REQUIREMENTS OF VARIOUS INDUSTRIES IN ITS CURRICULUM, IN AN INNOVATIVE AND FLEXIBLE MANNER WHILE DEVELOPING A HOLISTIC AND WELL GROOMED GRADUATE. MINISTRY OF HRD, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA HAD ISSUED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER IN SEPTEMBER 2011 FOR NATIONAL VOCATIONAL EDUCATION QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORK (NVEQF).
SUBSEQUENTLY, MINISTRY OF FINANCE, IN PURSUANCE OF THE DECISION OF CABINET COMMITTEE ON SKILL DEVELOPMENT IN ITS MEETING held on 19th December, 2013, has issued a notification for National Skills QUALIFICATIONS FRAMEWORK (NSQF) WHICH SUPERSEDES NVEQF.
UNDER THE NATIONAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, MANY SECTOR SKILL COUNCILS REPRESENTING RESPECTIVE INDUSTRIES HAVE/ARE BEING ESTABLISHED. ONE OF THE MANDATES OF SECTOR SKILL COUNCILS IS TO DEVELOP NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL STANDARDS (NOSS) FOR VARIOUS JOB ROLES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE INDUSTRIES. IT IS IMPORTANT TO EMBED THE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR SPECIFIC JOB ROLES IN THE HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM FOR CREATING EMPLOYABLE GRADUATES.
THE UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION (UGC) HAS LAUNCHED A SCHEME ON SKILLS DEVELOPMENT BASED HIGHER EDUCATION AS PART OF COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY EDUCATION, LEADING TO BACHELOR OF VOCATION (B. VOC. ) DEGREE WITH MULTIPLE EXITS SUCH AS DIPLOMA/ADVANCED DIPLOMA UNDER THE NSQF. THE B. VOC.
PROGRAMME IS FOCUSED ON UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES PROVIDING UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES WHICH WOULD ALSO INCORPORATE SPECIFIC JOB ROLES AND THEIR NOSS ALONGWITH BROAD BASED GENERAL EDUCATION. THIS WOULD ENABLE THE GRADUATES COMPLETING B. VOC. TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL PARTICIPATION IN ACCELERATING INDIA’S ECONOMY BY GAINING APPROPRIATE EMPLOYMENT, BECOMING ENTREPRENEURS AND CREATING APPROPRIATE KNOWLEDGE. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR?
B. Voc.? 2 2. Objectives 2. 1 To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate CONTENT OF GENERAL EDUCATION. 2. 2 To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that THEY ARE WORK READY AT EACH EXIT POINT OF THE PROGRAMME. 2. 3 To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and MULTIPLE EXIT POINTS. 2. 4 To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in ORDER TO ENHANCE EMPLOYABILITY OF THE GRADUATES AND MEET INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS.
SUCH GRADUATES APART FROM MEETING THE NEEDS OF LOCAL AND NATIONAL INDUSTRY ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO BE EQUIPPED TO BECOME PART OF THE GLOBAL WORKFORCE. 2. 5 To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with VOCATIONAL SUBJECTS. 3. Levels of Awards THE CERTIFICATION LEVELS WILL LEAD TO DIPLOMA/ADVANCED DIPLOMA/B.
VOC. DEGREE IN ONE OR MORE VOCATIONAL AREAS AND WILL BE OFFERED UNDER THE AEGIS OF THE UNIVERSITY. THIS IS OUT-LINED IN TABLE I. TABLE 1: AWARDS AWARD DURATION CORRESPONDING NSQF LEVEL DIPLOMA 1 YEAR 5 ADVANCED DIPLOMA 2 YEARS 6 B. VOC. DEGREE 3 YEARS 7 EACH OF THE AWARDS SHALL SPECIFY WITHIN PARENTHESIS, THE SKILL(S)
SPECIALIZATION FOR EXAMPLE: ? B. Voc. (Renewably Energy Management) ? B. Voc. (Retail Management) ? B. Voc. (Retail Management and IT) ? Advanced Diploma (Food Processing) ? Advanced Diploma (Health Care) ? Advanced Diploma (Hospitality and Tourism) ? Diploma (Green House Technology) ? Diploma (BPO) ? Diploma (Jewellery Designing) UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.?
3 A suggestive list of vocational sectors and related specializations is given below: Universities and colleges may like to identify additional sectors/specializations in view of the potential for employment in the local industries and meet the standards laid down by National Occupational Standards. No. Sector Specialization 1. Automobiles 1. Engine Testing 2. Vehicle Testing 3. Vehicle Quality 4. Auto Electricals and Electronics.
5. Farm Equipment and Machinery 2. Entertainment 1. Theatre and Stage Craft 2. Contemporary Western Dance 3. Theatre studies 4. Acting 3. Information Technology 1. Software Development 4 Telecommunications 1. Mobile Communication 5. Marketing 1. Retail 6. Agriculture 1. Farm Machinery and Power Engineering 2. Green House Technology 3. Renewable Energy 4. Processing and Food Engineering 5. Soil and Water Conservation 7. Construction 1. Building Technology 8.
Applied Arts 1. Fashion Technology 2. Interior Design 3. Jewellery Design 9. Tourism 1. Tourism and Service Industry 10. Printing and Publishing 1. Printing Technology UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 4 4. ELIGIBILITY /TARGET ALL UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES INCLUDED UNDER SECTIONS 2(F) AND 12(B) OF THE UGC ACT, 1956 AND RECEIVING PLAN GRANT FROM THE UGC ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UGC FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UNDER THE SCHEME. 5. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION IN B. VOC. THE ELIGIBILITY CONDITION FOR ADMISSION TO B. VOC. PROGRAMME SHALL BE 10+2 OR EQUIVALENT, IN ANY STREAM. 6. CURRICULUM 6. 1 THE CURRICULUM IN EACH OF THE YEARS OF THE PROGRAMME WOULD BE A.
SUITABLE MIX OF GENERAL EDUCATION AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS. CURRICULUM DETAILS SHOULD BE WORKED BEFORE INTRODUCTION OF THE COURSES. 6. 2 SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS: (I) THE FOCUS OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS SHALL BE TO EQUIP STUDENTS WITH APPROPRIATE KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICE AND ATTITUDE, SO AS TO BECOME WORK READY. THE SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS SHOULD BE RELEVANT TO THE INDUSTRIES AS PER THEIR REQUIREMENTS. (II) THE CURRICULUM SHOULD NECESSARILY EMBED WITHIN ITSELF, NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL STANDARDS (NOSS) OF SPECIFIC JOB ROLES WITHIN THE INDUSTRY SECTOR(S).
THIS WOULD ENABLE THE STUDENTS TO MEET THE LEARNING OUTCOMES SPECIFIED IN THE NOSS. (III) THE OVERALL DESIGN OF THE SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENT ALONG WITH THE JOB ROLES SELECTED SHOULD BE SUCH THAT IT LEADS TO A COMPREHENSIVE SPECIALIZATION IN ONE OR TWO DOMAINS. (IV) IN CASE NOS IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR A SPECIFIC AREA / JOB ROLE, THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD GET THE CURRICULUM FOR THIS DEVELOPED IN CONSULTATION WITH INDUSTRY EXPERTS.
(V) THE CURRICULUM SHOULD ALSO FOCUS ON WORK-READINESS SKILLS IN EACH OF THE THREE YEARS. (VI) ADEQUATE ATTENTION NEEDS TO BE GIVEN IN CURRICULUM DESIGN TO PRACTICAL WORK, ON THE JOB TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT OF STUDENT PORTFOLIOS AND PROJECT WORK. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 5 6. 3 GENERAL EDUCATION COMPONENT: (i) The general education component should adhere to the normal UNIVERSITY STANDARDS.
IT SHOULD EMPHASISE AND OFFER COURSES WHICH PROVIDE HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT. HOWEVER, IT SHOULD NOT EXCEED 40% OF THE TOTAL CURRICULUM. (ii) Adequate emphasis should be given to language and COMMUNICATION SKILLS. 6. 4 THE CURRICULUM SHOULD BE DESIGNED IN A MANNER THAT AT THE END OF YEAR- 1, YEAR-2 AND YEAR-3, STUDENTS ARE ABLE TO MEET BELOW MENTIONED LEVEL DESCRIPTORS FOR LEVEL 5, 6 AND 7 OF NSQF, RESPECTIVELY:
Level Process required Professional knowledge Professional skill Core skill Responsibili ty Level 5 Job that requires well developed skill, with clear choice of procedures in familiar context Knowledge of facts, principles, processes and general concepts, in a field of work or study A range of cognitive and practical skills required to accomplish tasks and solve problems by selecting and applying basic methods, tools materials and information Desired mathematical skill, understandin g of social, political and some skill of collecting and organizing information, communicati on.
Responsibilit y for own work and learning and some responsibility for other’s works and learning Level 6 Demands wide range of specialized technical skill, clarity of knowledge and practice in broad range of activity involving standard / non-standard practices Factual and theoretical knowledge in broad contexts within a field of work or study A range of cognitive and practical skills required to generate solutions to specific problems in a field of work or study Reasonably good in mathematical calculation, understandin g of social, political and, reasonably good in data collecting organizing information, and logical communicati on Responsibilit y for own work and learning and full responsibility for other’s works and learning UGC? GUIDELINES?
FOR? B. Voc.? 6 Level 7 Requires a command of wide ranging specialized theoretical and practical skill, involving variable routine and non-routine context Wide ranging, factual and theoretical knowledge in broad contexts within a field of work or study Wide range of cognitive and practical skills required to generate solutions to specific problems in a field of work or study Good logical and mathematical skill understandin g of social political and natural environment good in collecting and organizing information, communicati on and presentation skill Full responsibility for output of group and development a. Professional knowledge is what a learner should know and understand WITH REFERENCE TO THE SUBJECT.
b. Professional skills are what a learner should be able to do. c. Core skills refer to basic skills involving dexterity and use of methods, MATERIALS, TOOLS AND INSTRUMENTS USED TO PERFORM THE JOB INCLUDING IT SKILLS NEEDED FOR THAT JOB. d. Responsibility aspect determines the (i) nature of working relationship, (ii) LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELF AND OTHERS, (III) MANAGING CHANGE AND (IV) ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ACTIONS. 6. 5 Guidelines for credit calculations.
6. 5. 1 THIS SECTION CONTAINS CREDIT FRAMEWORK GUIDELINES. THE UNIVERSITY/ COLLEGE SHOULD USE THESE GUIDELINES OR ADAPT THEM. 6. 5. 2 THE FOLLOWING FORMULA SHOULD BE USED FOR CONVERSION OF TIME INTO CREDIT HOURS. a) One Credit would mean equivalent of 15 periods of 60 minutes EACH, FOR THEORY, WORKSHOPS/LABS AND TUTORIALS; b) For internship/field work, the credit weightage for equivalent hours SHALL BE 50% OF THAT FOR LECTURES/WORKSHOPS; c) For self-learning, based on e-content or otherwise, the credit WEIGHTAGE FOR EQUIVALENT HOURS OF STUDY SHOULD BE 50% OR LESS OF THAT FOR LECTURES/WORKSHOPS. UGC? GUIDELINES?
FOR? B. Voc.? 7 6. 5. 3 THE SUGGESTED CREDITS FOR EACH OF THE YEARS ARE AS FOLLOWS: TABLE 3 NSQF Level Skill Component Credits General Education Credits Normal calendar duration Exit Points / Awards Year 3 36 24 Six Semesters B. Voc. Year 2 36 24 Four semesters Advanced Diploma Year 1 36 24 Two semesters Diploma TOTAL 108 72 6.
6 THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD DEVELOP THE CURRICULUM IN CONSULTATION WITH INDUSTRY. THE INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES SHOULD BE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE ACADEMIC BODIES OF THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE. WHILE DOING SO, THEY SHOULD WORK TOWARDS ALIGNING THE SKILLS COMPONENTS OF THE CURRICULUM WITH THE NOSS DEVELOPED BY THE RESPECTIVE SECTOR SKILL COUNCILS.
6. 7 THE PRACTICAL/HANDS-ON PORTION OF THE SKILLS DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS OF THE CURRICULUM SHOULD BE TRANSACTED NORMALLY IN FACE TO FACE MODE, EITHER WITHIN THE INSTITUTION OR AT A SPECIFIED INDUSTRY PARTNER LOCATION. HOWEVER, IF DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE SKILL TO BE LEARNT, THE INDUSTRY PRESCRIBES ITS ACQUISITION THROUGH BLENDED OR DISTANCE MODE, THE SAME MAY BE FOLLOWED. IN NUTSHELL, THE EMPHASIS SHOULD BE ON LEARNING OUTCOME AND NOT THE INPUT AND PROCESSES. THE GENERAL EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE CURRICULUM MAY BE TRANSACTED IN ANY MODE WITHOUT COMPROMISING ON QUALITY.
6. 8 THE SPECIALIZATION CHOSEN BY THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD BE BASED ON THE EXISTING/FORECASTED SKILL GAPS IN THE INDUSTRY. 6. 9 RELEVANCE OF PROGRAMMES OFFERED, ALONG WITH THAT OF THE CURRICULUM IS IMPORTANT. THEREFORE, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND UPDATING OF THE CURRICULUM NEEDS TO BE DONE PERIODICALLY IN CONSULTATION WITH INDUSTRY, KEEPING IN VIEW THEIR REQUIREMENTS AND CHANGES IN NOSS. THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD INCORPORATE THIS AS A CONTINUOUS AND DYNAMIC PROCESS IN-BUILT IN THEIR SYSTEM.
6. 10 THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD APPROPRIATELY USE TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE DELIVERY OF COURSES.
UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 8 7. EXAMINATION AND ASSESSMENT 7. 1 THE ASSESSMENT FOR THE GENERAL EDUCATION COMPONENT SHOULD BE DONE BY THE UNIVERSITY AS PER THEIR PREVAILING STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES.
7. 2 THE ASSESSMENT FOR THE SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS SHOULD NECESSARILY FOCUS ON PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATIONS OF THE SKILLS ACQUIRED. THE UNIVERSITY MAY LIKE TO CONSULT THE RESPECTIVE SECTOR SKILL COUNCIL FOR DESIGNING THE EXAMINATION AND ASSESSMENT PATTERN FOR THE SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS. THE UNIVERSITY MAY ALSO CONSIDER USING THE DESIGNATED ASSESSORS OF SECTOR SKILL COUNCILS/INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS FOR THE CONDUCT
OF PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT. 7. 3 THE UNIVERSITY HAS TO NECESSARILY ESTABLISH A CREDIT BASED ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR THE B. VOC. PROGRAMME. 8. INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACULTY FOR B. VOC. PROGRAMME 8. 1 UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE NEEDS TO HAVE ADEQUATE LABORATORY /WORKSHOP FACILITIES FOR FACE TO FACE DELIVERY OF SKILLS AND HANDS-ON PRACTICE EITHER OWNED OR ARRANGED THROUGH TIE-UP WITH THE PARTNER INDUSTRY OR ANY INSTITUTION RECOGNIZED BY THE CERTIFICATION AGENCY.
8. 2 THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD USE ITS REGULAR FACULTY FOR THE CONDUCT OF GENERAL EDUCATION COMPONENT AND ALSO FOR THE SKILLS COMPONENTS, IF EXISTING. ADDITIONALLY, THEY MAY HIRE FACULTY ON CONTRACTUAL BASIS AND GUEST FACULTY IN THE CORE TRADES ONLY AS PER UGC NORMS. 8. 3 THERE IS A PROVISION OF ONE ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND TWO ASSISTANT PROFESSORS (PURELY ON CONTRACTUAL BASIS DURING XII PLAN PERIOD), UNDER THIS SCHEME.
9. STUDENT FEE STUDENT FEE SHOULD BE DECIDED AS PER THE PREVALENT MECHANISM FOR FEE FIXATION FOR AIDED COURSES IN THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE. 10. OTHER CONDITIONS 10. 1 THE UNIVERSITY HAS TO NECESSARILY ADOPT A CREDIT BASED ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION SYSTEM IN SEMESTER MODE FOR THE B. VOC. PROGRAMME. 10. 2 THE B. VOC.
PROGRAMME SHOULD BE EVALUATED AND MONITORED BY THE UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE THROUGH ITS EXISTING MECHANISM OR BY SETTING UP AN ALTERNATE MECHANISM, WITH INVOLVEMENT OF INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 9 10. 3 UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD DEVELOP BYE-LAWS FOR RUNNING THE B. VOC. DEGREE PROGRAMME.
10. 4 BYE-LAWS FOR THE COURSE SHOULD INCLUDE PROVISION OF REJOINING OR RE- ADMISSION TO THE COURSE DURING THE PERIOD AND COUNSELING/ MECHANISM FOR PROPER SELECTION OF SPECIALIZATION BY THE STUDENTS AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION. 10. 5 A COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY SHOULD OFFER A MINIMUM OF 2 SKILL SPECIALIZATIONS.
UNDER THE B. VOC. PROGRAMME. 11. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE THE FINANCIAL ALLOCATION WILL BE MADE BY UGC WITHIN OVERALL CEILING OF RS. 1. 85 CRORES FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS UNDER DIFFERENT HEADS AS GIVEN BELOW: 11. 1 START-UP ASSISTANCE: A ONE-TIME START-UP ASSISTANCE OF RS. 50. 00 LAKH FOR SETTING UP OF LABORATORIES/WORKSHOPS FACILITIES, PROCUREMENT OF TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS, MACHINERIES/EQUIPMENT AND RENOVATION.
THIS SHALL NOT COVER ANY NEW CONSTRUCTION. 11. 2 FACULTY: ONE ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND TWO ASSISTANT PROFESSORS – RS. 75. 00 LAKH FOR THREE YEARS (PURELY ON CONTRACTUAL BASIS DURING XII PLAN PERIOD). RS. 25. 00 LAKHS PER ANNUM X 3 YEARS = RS. 75. 00 LAKH – TO BE REIMBURSED ON ACTUAL BASIS WITHIN THE TOTAL ALLOCATION. 11. 3 INSTITUTIONS SHOULD RECRUIT FACULTY ONLY IN THE CORE TRADES BEING OFFERED UNDER THE SCHEME. 11. 4 VISITING/GUEST FACULTY:
RS. 5. 00 LAKH FOR FIRST YEAR AND RS. 10. 00 LAKH FOR SECOND AND RS. 15. 00 LAKH FOR THIRD YEAR. 11. 5 THE OPERATIVE YEARLY COST: THE OPERATIVE YEARLY COST SHALL BE OF RS. 10. 00 LAKHS PER ANNUM. EXISTING FACULTY RS. 500/- PER LECTURE VISITING/GUEST FACULTY RS. 2,000/- PER LECTURE UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 10 12. PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING UNDER THE SCHEME 12. 1 UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE SHOULD SUBMIT PROPOSAL FOR INTRODUCTION OF B. VOC. PROGRAMME DIRECTLY TO UGC IN THE PRESCRIBED PROFORMA ATTACHED AS ANNEXURE-I.
HOWEVER, COLLEGE SHOULD ALSO SUBMIT A COPY OF “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” FROM THE AFFILIATING UNIVERSITY. 13. ANNEXURES (A) PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL FOR INTRODUCTION OF B. VOC. PROGRAMME AS GIVEN IN ANNEXURE-I. (B) PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF MANDATE FORM AS GIVEN IN ANNEXURE-II. (C) PROFORMA FOR UTILIZATION CERTIFICATE IS GIVEN IN ANNEXURE-III. (D) PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF STATEMENT OF EXPENDITURE INCURRED FOR INTRODUCTION OF B. VOC.
COURSE IS GIVEN IN ANNEXURE-IV. (E) PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT IS GIVEN IN ANNEXURE-V. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 11 ANNEXURE-I Proposal Form for B. Voc. Programme 1. Details of the University / College: Please ensure that the details entered below match exactly with the details registered with UGC. 1. Name of the University / College: 2. Full Postal Address: 3. Name of the Affiliating University 4. Whether covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 (If yes, please enclose a copy of the letter) Yes / No Whether Autonomous Yes / No 5.
Whether the college is aided or self financing? 6. Name, designation and contact details (Tel/fax/mobile/email) of Head of the Institution. 7. Website URL of the College / University 8. Any other relevant information (Maximum 100 words) College / University may like to share UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 12 2. Details of the Proposed Skills Specialisations in the B. Voc. Program ( * ) This would be mentioned within Parenthesis in the name of the Award, e. g. B. Voc. (Specialisation) Programme Name of the Specialisation (*) Job Roles proposed to be covered in each year (Along with NSQF level) Proposed intake of students (Annually) Yr-1 Yr-2.
Yr-3 UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 13 3. Proposed subjects / papers in the General Education component in each of the three years. Year-1 Credits 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Year-2 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Year-3 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 14 4. Basis for choosing the specialisation(s): The choice of specialisation should be based on: a) Skills Gap requirements, to ensure that the program fulfils the skills requirement of industry; b) University / College has expertise in the specialisation; and c) University / College have one or more committed industry partner(s) for design, delivery, internship and placement.
Provide detailed basis for the choice of each of the specialisation(s). This would be an important factor during the approval process of this proposal. 4. 1. Skill Gaps identified: Specialisation Skill Gaps Identified(Quantitative, Qualitative, Source,…) 1. 2. 3. 4. 2. Existing expertise of the University / College: Specialisation Existing expertise (Which can be leveraged by the institution)
1. 2. 3. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 15 4. 3. Industry Partner(s) S. No. Specialis ation Details of the Industry Partnership(s) Name of Organisation and Address Nature of Partnership / Support (*) Name, Designation and Contact details of official 1. 2. 3. 4. (*) Curriculum design, content creation, admission, conduct of courses, provision of infrastructure (in University / College, at employer location), internship, placement, etc.
4. 3. 1. Attach MOU(s), if any, signed with the industry Partner(s): UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 16 5. Curriculum Design and Approval 5. 1. What is the proposed process and plan for curriculum design? How is the University / College ensuring that the curriculum meets the objectives of the B. Voc. Program? 5. 2. Status / Plan for curriculumapproval by the appropriate body of the University / Colleges? 6.
Student placement plan: 6. 1. How would the University / College set up an effective mechanism for placement of students? UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 17 7. Faculty: 7. 1. Availability of Faculty(For year-1) Specialisation / Area Faculty Needed Available with Institution To be Recruited Guest Faculty Guest faculty to be provided by Industry Partner 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 7. 2. Training needs of Faculty(For Year-1) S. No. Specialisation / Area Details of Training Needed and duration Training Provider 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 18 8. Availability of Infrastructure 8. 1. 1. Details of physical infrastructure.
Name of the Specialisation Availability of physical infrastructure Infrastructure Available in the College/ University To be provided by Industry Partner 1. Classroom Laboratory Workshop Library ICT Facility Others 2. Classroom Laboratory Workshop Library ICT Facility Others 3. Classroom Laboratory Workshop Library ICT Facility Others UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 19 9. Details of Expenditure: (It is assumed that the existing infrastructure / faculty will be used as far as possible. The expenditure to be listed here is only for any incremental requirements the University / College may need. ) S. No.
Components Expenditure (amounts in Rs. ) Remarks (Provide justification for expenditure) Y-1 Y-2 Y-3 Total 1. Faculty / Staff a. Contractual b. Guest c. Lab Assistant d. 2. Equipment for Labs / Workshops / Classrooms a. b. c. 3. Raw Materials etc. for Labs / Workshops a. b. c. 4. Faculty Training a. b. 5. Admission Process, Pre-admission Student Counselling etc. 6. Office Expenses / Contingencies (including expenditure on publicity, guidance and counselling, transport, field visits, postage, stationery, electricity, water etc. ) 7. Travel 8. Others a. Assessments b. Contingencies c. Workshops / conferences / seminars e.
Any other expense TOTAL UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 20 10. Student / Learner Fee details: (All figures in Rupees) S. No. Programme(s) Annual Fee per student Proposed student intake per year Total Fees proposed to be collected Y1 Y2 Y3 Total Y1 Y2 Y3 Total 1. 2. Total 11. Key Milestones / Plans for Year-1 Key Plans / Milestones Person Responsible Expected Completion Date 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 12. Any other Information which the host college / university may like to provide. _________________________________________________ Signature with Seal of the Head of the Host Institution Name : Date: UGC? GUIDELINES?
FOR? B. Voc.? 21 ANNEXURE – II MANDATE FORM Electronic Clearing Service (Credit Clearing)/ Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) facility for receiving payments. A. Details of Accounts Holders:- 1. Name of Account Holder 2. Complete Contact Address 3. Telephone Number/Fax/E-mail B. Bank Account Details:- 1. Bank Name 2. Branch Name with Complete Address, Telephone No. and E-mail 3. Whether the Branch is computerized? 4. Whether the Branch is RTGS enabled? If yes then what is the Branch’s IFSC Code 5. Is the Branch also NEFT enabled? 6. Type of Bank Account (SB/Current /Cash Credit) 7. Complete Bank Account No. (Latest).
8. MICR Code of Bank I hereby declare that the particulars given above are correct and complete. If the transaction is delayed or not effected at all for reasons of incomplete or incorrect information I would not hold the use Institution responsible. I have read the option invitation letter and agree to discharge responsibility expected of me as a participant under the Scheme. Date: SignatureofCustomer Certified that the particulars furnished above are correct as per our records. (Bank’s Stamp) Date: SignatureofCustomer 1. Please attach a photocopy of cheque along with the verification obtained from the bank. 2.
In case your Bank Branch is presently not “RTGS enabled”, then upon its up gradation to “RTGS Enabled” branch, please submit the information again in the above proforma to the Department at earliest. NOTE:- Refund of Security Deposit/ Hire Charges Due to operation of E-payment w. e. f. 01/04/2012 the Mandate form may please be submitted, duly verified by the bank, to this office for claiming Refund of Security Deposit/Hire Charges along with a photocopy of blank Cheque. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 22 ANNEXURE – III UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION, NEW DELHI UTILIZATION CERTIFICATE IT IS CERTIFIED THAT THE TOTAL GRANT OF RS.
___________ (RUPEES …………………………….. ) SANCTIONED BY THE UGC VIDE LETTER NO. F. _______________________ DATED___________ HAS BEEN UTILIZED BY THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY AS PER DETAILS GIVEN IN THE ATTACHED STATEMENT (AS PER ANNEXURE D) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LAID DOWN BY THE UGC VIDE ITS LETTER NO__________ DATED______________.
AND THAT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN FULFILLED BY THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY AND THE GRANT HAS BEEN UTILIZED FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS SANCTIONED. IT IS FURTHER CERTIFIED THAT THE INVENTORIES OF PERMANENT AND SEMI-PERMANENT ASSETS.
CREATED/ACQUIRED WHOLLY OR MAINLY OUT OF THE GRANTS GIVEN BY THE UGC AS INDICATED IN THE ENCLOSED STATEMENT ARE BEING MAINTAINED IN THE PRESCRIBED FORM AND ARE BEING KEPT UP-TO-DATE AND THESE ASSETS HAVE NOT BEEN DISPOSED OFF, ENCUMBERED OR UTILIZED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE. IF AS A RESULT OF CHECK OR AUDIT OBJECTION, SOME IRREGULARITY IS NOTICED AT A LATER STAGE, THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY WILL REFUND THE OBJECTED AMOUNT. ___________________________________ ______________________________ SIGNATURE OF PRINCIPAL / REGISTRAR WITH SEAL SIGNATURE OF AUDITOR WITH SEAL NOTE: THE UTILIZATION CERTIFICATE SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AUDITED STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT
INDICATING EXPENDITURE ON VARIOUS ITEMS. UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 23 ANNEXURE-IV UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF STATEMENT OF EXPENDITURE INCURRED FOR THE OF B. VOC. PROGRAMMES (DIPLOMA/ ADVANCED DIPLOMA/DEGREE)
1. Name of the University/ College: 2. Name of the Vocational degree/Advance Diploma/Diploma Course: 3. No. & Date of UGC’s approval No. F. _______________________________ Dated ___________________ 4. Period to which the accounts related : w. e. f. _____________________________ to ____________________________________________. 5. Details of actual expenditure incurred : Grants
approved Grants released Unspent balance (i) (ii) (iii) (iv) NOTE 1. The statement of expenditure should be filled up separately for each vocational degree course. 2. List of equipment purchased should be submitted. 3. Details of periods taken, amount paid to leach teacher by name under guest faculty and internal faculty should be submitted.
Signature Head of Institution / Principal/Registrar Govt. Auditor/CA UGC? GUIDELINES? FOR? B. Voc.? 24 ANNEXURE – V UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION, NEW DELHI ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT (to be submitted annually to the UGC by each University /College) 1. Name and Address of the institution:
2. Name of the Head of the institution: 3. Period of the Progress Report: 4. Activities Taken up During the Year: 5. Utilization of Grants during the Year: 6. Specific Outcomes: 7. Difficulties encountered in implementation, if any: CERTIFICATE This is to certify that the data/ information presented in this Annual Progress Report are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and the required documents will be provided to the UGC, as and when the same are called for. ____________________________________________ Signature with Seal of Head of the University /College Place: Date:
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 26 October 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Higher education
for only $16.38 $12.9/page