Hambalang Case Essay
1. Create a short summary of the case and explain (a) who the suspects / Convicts are and (b) what criminal charges are brought against them Hambalang is the case regarding the construction of Centre for Education, Training and the National Sport School (P3SON: Pusat Pendidikan, Pelatihan dan Sekolah Olahraga Nasional) which is a multi-year project the Ministry of Youth and Sports. P3SON planned to be built on a land area of 312 thousand hectares in the village of Hambalang, Bogor regency and projected budget consuming Rp2, 58 trillion. Which is violated Regulation of the Minister of Finance. 56/2010 and the Regulation of the Minister of Public Works No.. 45/2007.
Two ministers have not signed, but the funds are liquid. If the view of the BPK audit dated October 30, 2012 (Rizal open the audit documents), he was associated with the melting process advances Hambalang Project. CPC stated, “Due to multi-year contract approval process violated provisions, then the parent contract should not happen, … [then the remaining unspent advance money] in the amount of Rp116, 9 billion, an indication of state losses. In its Hambalang audit, the BPK also found that Rp 7.3 billion in funds from Adhi Karya went to several legislators in 2010 and 2011, when discussion of the sports center’s construction Began.
On Thursday (Sep 5 2012), the Supreme Audit Board (BPK) audit report of Hambalang Submitted case to the Commission. The audit mentions that the total state losses in the case reached Rp463.66 billion. In the Partner Selection Process least 19 people suspected to be involved. Namely: Andi Mallarangeng (ex Affairs), Wafid Muharam (Sesmenpora), Wisler Manalu (Kemenpora Procurement Committee). Jilani (Kemenpora Procurement Committee member), Bambang Siswanto (Secretary of the Procurement Committee Kemenpora) Rio Wilarso (Planning Bureau staff Kemenpora), M Arifin (Commissioner of metaphor Global Solutions / MSG). Asep Wibowo (Marketing Manager of PT MSG), Husni Al-Huda (PT staff Yodya work). Safe Santoso (Director of PT Cipta Mandiri Ciriajasa / CCM), Mulyatno (Marketing Manager PT CCM) Aditya Gautama (staff PT CCM), Rudi Hamarul (staff PT CCM), RM Suhartono (staff PT CCM).
Joseph Sholikin (staff PT CCM), Malemteta Ginting (Staff PT CCM Construction Management Team Leader at the same time). Suhanta firm (staff PT Adhi Karya), Arif Taufiqurrahman and Kushadi (staff PT Adhi Karya) Advances in Liquid Processing, there are three who was allegedly involved. Ie R Isnanta (Head of Finance Kemenpora). Good Teuku Muh Nur (Head of DK-1 PT Adhi Karya well Authorization Adhi-Wika KSO), Machfud Suroso (President Director of PT Dutasari Citralaras). However, the Commission has set Andi Malarangeng (AM) and the husband of his men as suspects. PM accused of abusing authority. Diversion AM by KPK in planning and disbursement of funds.
2. Does the case involve; gratification? If yes, towards who and provide explanation to justify your answers Yes, According to CPC finding there are gratifications Rp 7.3 billion in funds from Adhi Karya went to several legislators in 2010 and 2011
3. Does the case involve; “abuse of power / authority”? If yes, explain Whose power is abused, how and in what capacity? Yes, several legislators bribed, minister of youth and sports negligent in planning and disbursement of funds and the Board of Directors of the company Adhi Karya which channeled funds projects to legislators.
4. In what way has the case “cause losses to the state budget”? Abuse of power and bribery to various parties. In its Hambalang audit, the BPK also found that Rp 7.3 billion in funds from Adhi Karya went to several legislators in 2010 and 2011, when discussion of the sports center’s construction Began. On Thursday (Sep 5 2012), the Supreme Audit Board (BPK) audit report of Hambalang Submitted case to the Commission. The audit mentions that the total state losses in the case reached Rp463.66 billion. This loss will cause losses to the state budget.
5. Beyond the legal charges, do you see any conflict of interest between the parties INVOLVED? Yes, in this case there is a conflict of interest. At the level of project implementers Hambalang, the brain was Muhammad Arifin. He consultant since the early implementers. He who makes the unit price of finished goods is so high. At one end is Dutasari Citra PT Laras (DCL), the company’s largest subcontractor Hambalang Project led Mahfud Suroso wife and Anas Urbaningrum. Mahfud is also a good friend of Anas.
PT Dutasari’s got mechanical electrical projects, worth a total of Rp295 billion. According to the audit, here occurs allegations of massive corruption. The second largest sub-contractor company is owned by PT Global Daya Manunggal Prananto Mr. Herman, who got a job with the foundation of the contract value Rp127 billion. So, PT and PT Global Dutasari a subcontractor for 87 percent of the total value of projects subcontracted by Rp482, 5 billion. Adhi Karya still amounted to Rp50 billion in arrears to him. In fact, for all Mahfud been paid in full. Suspected of involvement in Anas Urbaningrum as chairman of the Democratic Party when he received funds for his interest to be elected as chairman of the Democratic Party in Congress at that time.