Enthalpy of Neutralisation Between HCl and NaOH Essay
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!
Table displaying the relationship between temperature and time after 20cm3 of an HCl solution is combined with 20cm3 of a NaOH solution
* The temperature probe often touched the bottom of the cup.
* Not all the liquid was poured out of the measuring cylinder
* The measuring cylinder had to been rinsed before each measurement meaning it may have been contaminated.
* The two reactants are both clear liquids and when mixed, the result is also a clear liquid.
There is no colour change seen in the experiment
* The container of the neutralizing NaOH and HCl rose slightly in temperature, and at the end of the experiment felt slightly warmer than before the experiment
* When stirring, the stirring rod sometimes knocked against the temperature probe
* Small bubbles could be seen to form, most likely as a result from passionate stirring.