Pages 3 (513 words)
A big Indian wedding means hours spent getting adorned with henna for the deepest love from you soon-to-be husband. As important as henna is to Indian matrimony though, you can’t neglect the rest of your beauty. There are so many tips out there for bridal makeup, but few of them focus on Indian bridal makeup. Before you hire someone to help you with your Indian bridal makeup though, part of the fun is trying out new looks yourself to see what you like best.
Some of these can be incorporated into your daily routine while others are best saved for your Indian wedding day!
- Go for the gold Gold is such a complementary color for Indian skin. It’s the perfect time to make use of the gold eyeshadows in your favorite makeup palettes by MAC, Bobbi Brown, or NYX. When you bedazzle your eyes with it for your Indian wedding, a great way to make it pop is to add a smoky effect on the exterior for the contours which will look amazing with your ghagras, legengas, or saris.
You can also use pale gold eyeshadows for a smashing highlighter that will truly flatter your skin tone.
- Be bright-eyed and beautiful It can be hard to sleep when you’re this excited about your Indian wedding! One Indian beauty trick you’ll be using from here on out is to mask under-eye circles with red or orange lipstick. With a darker complexion, regular concealers made for fairer-skinned women just don’t cut it.
They come out looking greyish and ashy, not exactly the look you want to have on your big day. Using a non-glossy orange or red lipstick, dot it along your under-eye area first prior to applying concealer.
- Hide hyperpigmentation If you want to have the best Indian bridal makeup, you’ll also want this trick to make sure your entire face looks flawless. Darker complexions are prone to hyperpigmentation around the upper lip. Using a corrector in the shade of salmon or orange, dab it on and blend in before you apply your foundation. Keep things ultra-smooth all over by using a primer first to look effortlessly flawless.
- Make lips luscious and ripe Perhaps you keep things simple day-to-day, but on your Indian wedding day, you should really enjoy the glam. If you have thinner lips, lining them with black pencil eyeliner will make any lipstick color stand out, especially those darker colors which tend to wash out on brown skin.
- Go traditional with kajal Unless you’ve found an Indian bridal makeup artist that has you feeling comfortable about trying something trendy, your best bet is to stick with the traditional kajal-lined look on the eyes. Your eyeshadow and your lipstick will really bring things out. It’s probably best for your Indian wedding though to use waterproof. Tears of joy will turn kajal into a mess. Need more inspiration for your Indian bridal makeup? You’ll find all the help you need with henna and Indian beauty to get ready for your special day right here!