What is dengue
Dengue is a viral infection transmitted by the bite of an infected female Aedes mosquito. Estimated 100 million cases of dengue fever occurring throughout the world annually.
- Dengue fever (Fever Dengue)
- Dengue haemorrhagic fever (Fever Hemorrhagic)
- The virus that causes dengue fever has four different serotypes DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3, and DEN-4. These serotypes have the same genome and morphology but different antigens.
Morphology and life cycle
RNA viruses belong to family Flaviviridae these mosquitoes undergo complete metamorphosis meaning they go through four stages (egg, larva, pupa, adult).
During the summer, mosquitoes typically go from egg to adult in 7-10 days but this will vary depending on temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors. Males tend to live a very short time, usually about one week; and females live about one month again depending on environmental factors.
How long symptoms appear
Symptoms appear in 3–14 days (average 4–7 days) after the infective bite. Dengue fever is a flu-like illness that affects infants, young children and adults.
How dengue virus is transmitted to humans
Dengue virus is not transmitted directly from one person to another, but is transmitted through infected mosquitoes. Female mosquitoes bite Aedes people were injured and then become infectious throughout their life span ranging from 15 to 60 days. Female mosquitoes lay eggs Aedes in freshwater and stagnant. Going through the stages of growth of the eggs take approximately 10 days and then graduated adult gnats.
Signs and symptoms of disease
- Fever Joint aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Muscle aches
- discomfort Rash
Stages of Dengue
There are four different stages of dengue fever that are
- Patient got severe fever and got different symptoms that are mention before it.
- On second stage patient got bleeding in their gums, intestine and skin.
- On third stage patient’s blood pressure becomes affected.4: on fourth stage patient got unbearable pain in their joints, muscles and head.
- As we know that dengue fever is caused by virus, so there is no specific treatment for dengue.
- No specific antibiotics are available for it.
- Drink large amounts of fluids.
- Comfort and confined to bed.
- Also to control the disease we have to eliminate the sources of dengue-carrying mosquitoes.
Cite this essay
Dengue Fever Basic Points and Symptoms. (2016, May 21). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/dengue-fever-basic-points-and-symptoms-essay