Compare wong’s pragmatic classroom kagan kyle and scott win win discipline and morrish’s real discipline Essay
Compare wong’s pragmatic classroom kagan kyle and scott win win discipline and morrish’s real discipline
Clear guidelines on how to prepare are defined for each time of the day. Procedures are divided into periods to facilitate implementation in class. Teachers are also directed on preparation in the summer before classes start for the year. Procedures will stay the same this reduces behavior problems and keeps the focus on learning and educating.
Teachers understand the boundaries of their control; the teacher can focus on being proactive to prevent problems rather than wasting time reacting to problems she could anticipate. Any teacher can implement the theory of the practical classroom without concern for over- or under-reaching with students.
students’ accomplishments are pretentious by the procedures used. • This philosophy has a solid positions that are shared with the students • A Comparison of Discipline Models
Wong’s Pragmatic Classroom Kagan, Kyle, and Scott’s win-win discipline Morrish’s Real Discipline Compare and Contrast
• Students are given the choose to what they feel is good for them to do.
• Students, teacher and parents are involved in the rule making.
• Help students understand each other’s responsibilities along with what the teacher’s responsibilities are.
• Discipline is something that the win-win problem does not do to students.
• Corrects the situation, which allows the students to come up better actions, which will result in acceptable behavior. • According to Morrish’s real discipline children can only learn SELF DISCIPLINE through experience.
• Morrish further states that when children enter school they do not have the knowledge on behaving properly. • With the Three theories they all have the similarity that the teachers and students are involved in the learning
process of the required discipline. Strengths
• Students, Teachers and parents all work together to establish the rules to have a better school experience.
• Teachers help students behave which is acceptable behavior to their teacher.
• Win-win discipline is to help students develop log-term, self-managed responsibility. • Morrish rewards occasionally the students for behaving correctly.
• Morrish gives students courage that they may not have when working through issues that are sensitive.
•Weakness • There is too much compromise between teacher and student when establishing the classroom rules.
• Teachers are too limited on what they can do to prevent disruptions.
• The program is most effective if it is implemented from the first day of school until the last day of school.
• Morrish overstates the role of the teacher. “The because I said so” response.
• Morrish believes that teachers who praise children to build up their self-esteem actually do more harm than good.
• Morris is against giving students the freedom to choose
University/College: University of Arkansas System
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 19 May 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Compare wong’s pragmatic classroom kagan kyle and scott win win discipline and morrish’s real discipline
for only $16.38 $13.9/page