Biography of Dr. Jose Rizal Essay
Biography of Dr. Jose Rizal
Jose Rizal’s full name is Dr. Jose Protacio Rizal Merchado Y Alonzo. He is the 7th out of 11 children he is born in June 19 1861 His birth place was calamba, laguna his nationality is Filipino he has 10 or more languages known his contributions are El Filibustirismo , Noli Metangere and the last that he wrote is Mi Ultimo Adios he is the founder of Laliga Filipina and the their news paper la solidaridad he did because of faithfully defending for our nation.
Why Dr. Jose Rizal became our National Hero?
Dr. Jose P. Rizal became our national Hero because he was able to defend and fought the Spaniards for our country through his books like NOLI ME TANGERE (March, 1877), EL FILIBUSTERISMO (Sept. 18, 1891) AND MI ULTIMO ADIOS (1986)
Why we study Rizal?
As a Filipino we need to study the life of Rizal not just because he is our National Hero but because his life has great things to share to each and everyone. And as a student who took up the course of Education, studying Rizal will help us to teach our future students who will need the same knowledge and learning that we are looking forward today.
How many bachelor courses or degrees of Rizal finish before he become national heroes?
Dr. Jose Rizal was able to study 5 bachelor courses in his college life, namely
1. Bachelor of Arts-Ateneo Municipal de Manila (1877
2. Bachelor of Philosophy in Letters- University of Santo Tomas
Difference of Noli metangere and El Filibusterismo
1. rizal dedicated noli to the philippines while el fili was dedicated to the GOMBURZA. 2. noli is a novel about society. it discusses the different diseases that the philippines experienced during the spanish era like colonial mentality and the unjust treatment of friars to the indios. el fili is a political novel which discusses the reign of the greed.
Noli Me Tangere
• Influenced by Eugene Sue’s The Wandering Jew
• Uncle Tom’s Cabin – Harriet Beecher Stowe
• Describing the Philippines under the Spanish Government and Church • Jose Rizal was a student in Univiersidad Central de Madrid • House of Paterno – every propagandist will give a chapter as theircontribution • But the propagandist wants to write about women in Europe and aboutgambling • Rizal wrote it by himself
• “Don’t touch me”, Huwag mo kong salingin
• It should be in the gospel of John instead of Luke “Araw ng Pagkabuhay” /Resurrection with St. Mary of Magdalene
• It was made in Madrid, Paris and Germany
• Lost chapter in Elias at Salome
• Finished in 1887 Berlin
• 2000 copies for P300 borrowed from Maximo Viola
• Copies were given to Ferdinand Blumentritt, Graciano Lopez, Mariano Ponceand Felix Hidalgo
• The galley proof was given to Mr. Viola as sense of gratitude
• Dedicated to the Philippines
• Social Cancer
• Chapter 1 – House of Kapitan Tiyago
• Characters: Crisostomo Ibara son of Don Rafael Ibarra – friend of Kapitan Tiyago (owner of the house)
• Ma. Clara – lover of the main character
• Padre Damaso-fat Franciscan curate of San Diego
• Padre Sibyla – Dominican friar of Binondo
• Senyor Guevarra – Tenyente
• Don Tiburcio de Espadana and Donya Victorina
• Easy reading, more of action and motion (Voltairian
• Motivated by the Calamba affair and not by his experience in his studentyears • Both Noli and El Fili shows strong anti-Clerical and even anti-Catholic color • It discredit the colonial government and religious institutes • A weapon used by a rationalist liberal of the 19
• century would use
• Made in Brussels Belgium in Ghent with Jose Alejandrino and EdilbertoEvangelista • With the help of Valintin Ventura
• Dedicated to Gomburza
• Noli – love story, El Fili – revenge and anger
• Both show situation of the Philippines during the Spanish Period • Idea of liberalism, Freedom and Revolution
• Thoughtful, discursive and dialectical
• Effects of Leonor Rivera, Calamba Controversy, M.H del Pilar • El Fili students – humorous, critical, serious, optimist, frivolous, pessimists,industrious, indifferent, noisy, silent, leaders and followers • Students discussing and debating – defeat of their cause • Plans of students – revolution
Meaning of El Filibusterismo and Noli Metangere
El Filibusterismo, also known by its English alternate title The Reign of Greed, is the second novel written by Philippine national hero José Rizal. It is the sequel to Noli Me Tangere and like the first book, was written in Spanish.
That came from the Bible. Jesus said that to Mary Magdalene, when she tried to touch Him when He rised from the dead. Jose Rizal used that phrase as a title because first, he read the bible himself. Second is he used it as a figure of speech. The title simply meant, “If you touch me, I will fight back”. Our teacher in Philippine literature said in our class once that he compared the Philippines at the time of the Spaniards as a cancer patient. And that cancer patients are pretty hostile. When touched (which oftentimes feel very painful for them) would be mad at the one who touched him. Jose Rizal used this as a message to the Filipino people. He was encouraging Filipinos to stand up and fight back..
Subject: José Rizal,
University/College: University of Arkansas System
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 10 November 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Biography of Dr. Jose Rizal
for only $16.38 $13.9/page