As the trend is changing and becoming more client-oriented, the construction industry is also facing many ongoing challenges, like:
A construction project requires various involvements and sharing updated information amongst them, often leads to errors and delays. However, development of technologies, internet and ICT have provided solutions like e-commerce which provides information and workflow control, process management, as well as improved communication.
Electronic commerce or e-commerce is an important sector of the Internet world.
It includes sharing of information and processing it for a business. (B 2 B & B 2 C)
There are ways in which E-commerce helps:
1. Better work opportunities within industry/organization.
2. Access to information becomes easy and reliable.
3. Speedy working practices.
4. Reduction in cost.
5. Monitoring on the quality that would be offered.
6. A great combination of design & construction.
7. Less disputes due to high transparency.
E-commerce also plays a vital role in the sector of construction as it improves a key part of the segment i.
e. it enhances the supply chain process or provides and effective medium for supply chain management.
Efficient material – handling in information processing using information technology where it contributes to inventory reduction and decrease in the number of rebuilding with accurate design information and production of energy-efficient buildings, which ultimately saves project cost & time. It includes a list of benefits from Client to Manufactures including Designers, Contractors, Building merchants. Such as:
1. Project overall efficiency.
2. Reduce cost of construction.
3. Compresses the construction phase.
4. Communications is enhanced.
5. Lower administrative cost.
6. Project control and its security.
7. Channel cost is reduced.
8. Purchasing and categorizing for customers becomes easy.
Along with benefits there are few challenges also:
Problems in current practices and operations:
The growing need or increasing application of the e-commerce technologies in construction supply chain:
With a Project Coordinator of a large construction company background current e-commerce technology applications challenges of implementing of e-commerce technology
W ith a Contract Administrator of a large construction company background challenges of E-commerce technology:
1. Problems with Emails.
2. Problems with WWW.
3. Problems with achieving and retrieving project information.
4.Problems of IT learning.
With a Design Coordinator of a Medium Engineering Company. Background challenges of implementing e-commerce:
1. EFFECTIVE APPLICATIONS OF E -COMMERCE TECHNOLOGIES IN CONSTRUCTION SUPPLY CHAIN: CURRENT PRACTICE AND FUTURE IMPROVEMENT by Patrick X.W. Zou & Youngsin Seo.
2. //www.liaison.com/blog/ 2017 /02 /10 /benefits-supply-chain-management/
3. //www.ukessays .com/essays/information-technology/the-ecommerce-impacts-on-supply-chain-management-information-technology-essay.php
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.get help with your assignment