* Greg plays a range of shots well and has good tactical knowledge
* Greg has good reflexes and is therefore able to reach and play shots all around the court
* Greg has a good level of fitness and can keep playing for long periods of time
* Greg lacks excellent knowledge about the sport and tactical knowledge is also lacking and needs improvement
* Greg’s shot execution also needs improving to gain better results
* Greg lacks good acceleration which is vital for net shots
* Greg lacks self-confidence
Ways of improving.
* Greg could improve his tactical knowledge by revising study guides and coaching manuals for badminton. This could also then be conferred with coaches or trainers, as this will then help him incorporate the coaches and the manuals points into one. This would help him drastically improve, as the improvement in results would be very noticeable. This would then improve his self-confidence, which is another thing that lacks in his game. This would get better as his performance and results improved.
* Greg’s shot execution is another thing that would need improvement. This would be done by coaching and practising. Greg doesn’t whip his wrists, which is where power is generated and therefore he is clearly unable to play some match winning shots like the over head clear or even the smash. Practise is the only thing that would help him improve these attributes.
* Greg’s acceleration is also poor. He needs to improve this, as then his ability to reach shots all over the court will be bettered. He would improve this by doing 15 metre shuttle runs. He would do twenty repetition runs at full pace. First he would warm up, as this would prevent injury. This would help his leg muscles strengthen and therefore improve his overall pace as well as his acceleration.