American Registry for Internet Numbers Essay
American Registry for Internet Numbers
1. American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)- Provides services involving technical coordination and management of internet number resources. They support the internet through the management of internet number resources and coordinates the development of policies for the management of IP number resources. They also provide services for technical coordination and management of internet number resources in its respective services region. The services include IP address space allocation and ASN allocation, transfer and record maintenance. B. Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)- Responsible for the allocation of globally unique names and numbers that are used in Internet protocols that are published as RFC documents and for coordinating some of the key components that keep the internet running efficiently. They allocate and maintain unique codes and numbering systems that are used in the technical standards/protocols that drive the internet. Among such protocols are the domain names, number resources and Protocol assignments. C. Asia-Pacific Network Information Center (APNIC)- An organization that manages the internet number resources within Asia. They provide the number resource allocation and registration services that support the global operation of the internet.
2. An Ipv4 uses 32 bit IP addresses. The max number of of IPv4 addresses is about 4 billion.
3.The max number of Ipv6 addresses is about 48 billion.
4.The world ran out of Ipv4 addresses February 1, 2011. All networks must now allocate Ipv6 addresses.
5. Ipv4 addresses are exhausted
6. Ipv4 is still being used because the address pool supports the continual demands and extends its usefulness. Also because Ipv4 and Ipv6 are not compatible.
7. No because you can’t resell them.