I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Mr. Andy Mallari is the owner of electronic devices store that began in 1979. His shop is selling parts that are utilized in assembly and maintenance of radios, tape recorders, amplifiers and various related devices. By 1990, business is expanding and continuously picking up. The operation covers sales and repair. But Mr. Mallari’s viewpoint has actually altered considerably when he fulfilled his previous classmate Estelito Chan, an Araullo University graduate, owner of a reputable home appliance assembly plant in Manila.
Mr. Mallari thinks that he can follow in the steps of his friend. Mr. Mallari has three kids; all are coming from top 10 in their particular classes. He believes all the 3 have potential to help him understand his imagine developing his own assembly plant. His immediate issue now is to recognize the right college courses for his children.
II. DECLARATION OF THE ISSUE
1. What college courses will best match Mr. Mallari’s kids?
2. Will Mr. Mallari’s kids accept their daddy’s idea?
3. How will Mr. Mallari developed his own assembly plan?
III. REASONS FOR THE PROBLEM
From the problems, we recommend that Mr. Mallri need to consider the expenses of his strategies. Mr. Andy Mallari must initially consult his children for their desire to get involved in their daddy’s imagine having a plant and company.
IV. DECISION CRITERIA AND ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS
Mr. Mallari should consider doing a feasibility study in putting up the assembly plant. Mr. Andy Mallari should inform his sons about his dream of having a plant and business.
If they agree, he should pick the best course that would fit the personality and interest of his sons so that at some point, they will learn to love it and it will also give them the best opportunity for employment
. V. RECOMMENDED SOLUTIONS, IMPLEMENTATION AND JUSTIFICATION
The following recommendations are being considered by the group: a. Mr. Andy Mallari should suggest the following courses: Industrial Engineering or Civil Engineering for his sons. He should start now by enrolling his eldest children in review school that caters to college entrance test to ensure that he will be accepted in the top ten universities of the country. b. He should consult his friend about the intricacies of putting up an assembly plant. He should tap a consultant to do a feasibility study regarding his plan of putting up an assembly plant. The feasibility study is an evaluation and analysis of the potential of a proposed project which is based on extensive investigation and research to support the process of decision making. (Wikipedia)
VI. EXTERNAL SOURCING
According to Courses.com.ph article posted May 25, 2012, How to choose the right course in College? The following are things to consider 1. Strengths and talents 2. Your willingness and interest to learn 3. Your goals Philippine Star “Campus” Unofficial Top Ten University of the Philippines published last May 26, 2014
1. University of the Philippines-Diliman
2. De La Salle University
3. University of Santo Tomas
4. Ateneo de Manila University
5. University of the Philippines Los Baños
6. University of San Carlos
7. Central Luzon State University
8. Mindanao State University- Iligan Institute of Technology 9. Saint Louis University
10. Mapua Institute of Technology
Top Business Ideas
5 Reasons Why You Must Conduct Feasibility Study Before Starting a business 1. A feasibility study will help you to determine the profitability of the business venture. Before starting a business, seasoned entrepreneurs and investors would want to know if the business would be worth their time, effort and resources. It is worthwhile to know that many entrepreneurs have abandoned solid business ideas because the profitability could not be ascertained on conducting a feasibility study on the business idea. 2. A feasibility study will help prove to the entrepreneur, venture capitalists, lenders and investors the existence of the market, the liquidity of the business venture and the expected return on investment.
3. A feasibility study will help you identify the flaws, business challenges, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and unforeseen circumstances that might affect the success and sustainability of the business venture. Just like the case of my dad’s business, the business failure and loss of money would have been avoided if we had carried out a feasibility study. We simply jumped in based on someone’s recommendations because we were flushed with cash and we paid dearly for it.
4. Before starting a business, a feasibility study will enable you estimate the financial, human and technological resources that will be needed to ensure the successful launching of the business. Feasibility study helps to reveal the number and level of skill or unskilled workers to be employed and their salary scale. 5. Feasibility study will help you to determine the amount of capital required to start the business. It will also help you in establishing the budget plan, working capital and cash flow projections of the business.
VII. SPELLING GRAMMAR AND PRESENTATION
University rankings: Find out how your school does! May 26, 2014 http://www.philstar.com/campus/2014/05/26/1327524/university-rankings-find-out-how-your-school-does August 3, 2014 How to choose the right course in College? May 25, 2012
http://www.courses.com.ph/how-to-choose-the-right-course-in-college/ August 4, 2014 5 Reasons Why You Must Conduct Feasibility Study
http://www.mytopbusinessideas.com/conducting-feasibility-study/ August 4, 2014 http://www.papercamp.com/essay/126414/Alma-Electronics August 3, 2014 http://www.scribd.com/doc/72662171/CASE-STUDY-1-ALMA-ELECTRONICS-I-ll-Dream-of-You August 6, 2014