Advantages Of Metro Essay
Advantages Of Metro
Every now and then i see one or the other organisation opposing the metro. No doubt they entitled to their views, but do they ever see the benefits any metro brings to cities,(especillay the crowded ones like bangalore, mumbai etc) Let me quote a few points from PIB regarding the delhi metro, i am sure such benefits will accrue to bangalore also once the metro is complete „« Fuel cost saving: The annual saving on account of reduced fuel consumption will be Rs.180.89 crore in 2009, more than double from Rs.73.22 crore two years ago.
„« Number of vehicles off the road : Since the Metro began operations in December 2002, there has been a progressive reduction in daily vehicle demand due to the people shifting to Metro for commuting. In 2009, the Metro will take the daily share of 57,953 vehicles for all other modes of travel such as cars, buses, two-wheelers, auto-rickshaws, etc.
„« Vehicle cost saving : The annual vehicle (capital and operating) cost saving will almost triple from Rs.93.21 crore in 2007 to Rs.276.24 crore this year.
„« Reduction in emission of greenhouse gases : The increasing use of the Metro will result in prevention of emission of 131,395.34 tonnes of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide from being emitted into Delhi¡¦s atmosphere upto 2009. This is a five-time increase from 27,614.34 tonnes in 2007.
„« Emission cost saving : The emission cost saving will also increase almost three times from Rs.14.29 crore in 2007 to Rs.41.04 crore in 2009.
„« Number of Road accidents avoided : The Metro will help avoid a total of 255 accidents, including 51 fatalities, in 2009. In 2007, the respective figures were 196 and 21.
Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) has carried out a study which says that the annual cost saved by Metro passengers on account of reduced travel time will go up three times from Rs.310.13 crore in 2007 to Rs.947.07 crore in 2009. And also Delhi Metro has become the first Railway project in the world to be registered by the United Nations under the clean development mechanism which will enable it to claim carbon credits. Best to eradicate traffic + footway issues when population hits a certain level (more than 2million). Allows for future increase. Increase property value in less developed areas. amount of passengers it can carry. On time nearly always. Use less area weather on the street or underground (good for well-developed cities). Faster. Good safety record.
Tourism friendly. Residential friendly (if live way out but work in the city). Good for obvious commercial reasons. The list goes on! Best to eradicate traffic + footway issues when population hits a certain level (more than 2million). Allows for future increase. Increase property value in less developed areas. Amount of passengers it can carry. On time nearly always. Use less area weather on the street or underground (good for well-developed cities). Faster. Good safety record. Tourism friendly. Residential friendly (if live way out but work in the city).
Good for obvious commercial reasons. the list goes on! Best to eradicate traffic + footway issues when population hits a certain level(more than 2million). Allows for future increase. Increase property value in less developed areas. amount of passengers it can carry. on time nearly always. use less area weather on the street or underground (good for well-developed cities). faster. good safety record. tourism friendly. residential friendly (if live way out but work in the city). good for obvious commercial reasons. the list goes on! As I see it, there are some wonderful advantages of public transportation. Some are as follows:
1) reliability. Since rail rides are on schedules, as long as you plan correctly, you should be able to get to your destination on time. Additionally, since there is no traffic on a rail line, you are not effected by how many other people are traveling in the same direction as you.
2) ease and comfort. Since you do not have to drive yourself, you are able to complete other activities while riding a train. This includes taking care of other business or homework, or even catching up on sleep.
3) environmental concerns. Cutting down on individual waste helps do wonders for the environment. The sheer number of people who take the same trains decreases the amount of pollution each individual is creating at one time. Great for minimizing an individual’s carbon footprint.
4) cost. As petrol / gasoline prices continue to increase, the cost of taking a train is a fraction of what you would spend on your own to drive everywhere.
5) community. Riding the rail may help you create friendships with otherwise strangers. If you take the same train every day from the same station, you get to know the people around you, which could foster new friendships. It’s always great to meet new people and become a part of their lives. Also, more people are able to travel together if you take a train, than in a vehicle.
Hope this helps! Perhaps now you’ve thought of a few more examples of your own as well. 🙂 Advantages and Disadvantages of Riding in the Metro Railway Posted by geeze on Jul 12th, 2010 and filed under Infrastructure, Photo Gallery, Readable Analysis Of Transportation Issues, Secrets for Navigating the Traffic World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry
Sometimes it is quite a hassle to bring your own car when going to work or wherever you need to go. Driving into traffic is quite aggravating. You are in a hurry and getting to your appointment on time is pointless because of that. That’s why some people opt and choose to ride the subway when going to work and to their destination because they want a hassle-free experience and just want to arrive with a smile on their faces instead of a frown and a headache.
Either they ride the bus, metro, taxi and other public modes of transportation which is easier. A few advantages of riding the metro railway, above the ground and below ground are: • Cheap. – Money saving because the cost of ticket for riding the metro is definitely lower compared to gas, car maintenance and amortization/ insurance of your car. • Environment-Friendly. – Less traffic on the streets and your share in saving the earth from pollution emitted from your car.
• Convenience – You can reach your destination on time and without any problems with traffic which makes riding the metro a good thing to do. Some disadvantages of riding the metro alone are:
• Noise – Noise coming from the train itself and from the crowd.
• Overcrowding – There are lots of people who ride the subway, and if you are claustrophobic, riding the metro is not definitely for you.
• Rise in crime – Sometimes mugging and physical assaults when riding the metro above and below ground is rampant in a lot of areas which makes it scary.
University/College: University of California
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 23 September 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Advantages Of Metro
for only $16.38 $12.9/page