Review this week’s resources (for example SMART criteria, and the Career Plan Building Activities). Respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe one academic goal that you have created using the SMART criteria. How do SMART criteria contribute to your academic goals?.
The long academic goal I have created using the SMART technique is to pass college. The SMART Criteria break down the goal to make it more understandable and specific to my needs. A more recent goal I want to achieve is getting through my us/101 and my fp/101 classes without any problems.
2. Describe one professional/career goal you have created using the SMART criteria and Career Plan Building Activities results. How did the results of the Career Interest Profiler and Career Plan Building Activity on Competencies contribute to your professional goal development?
Using the SMART criteria it helped me develop a goal of getting more information on the job I want to do once I am out of college and have my degree. My goal was to talk to someone who does what I do and get more information on the job I want to do. I sat down with my step dad who does a Tech Support job and talked with him for about 2-3 hours about his job.
3. Describe the stress and time-management strategies you have learned this week that will help you achieve your goals.
This week I’ve read about many time-management strategies and the one that stuck out the most was having a planner on you at all times. After reading about this I went ahead and set up a schedule in my phone to follow and boy howdy it has been very convenient, it has helped me tremendously complete all my work on time.
4. Describe how you will balance academic expectations and your personal and professional responsibilities.
I will most likely be able to balance all of my academic expectations in college between my person responsibilities very well because I currently am 18 and living with my parents. I don’t really have much to do other than college and hang out with friends. Currently I’m just doing all my college work Monday-Friday then on the weekends just going out and hanging out with friends.
5. How can understanding the importance of SMART criteria and your career interests and competencies help you move towards your career and academic goals?
Understanding the SMART criteria and my career interests can help me move towards my goals because I can set up goals that are simplified and more understandable. Understanding my goals specifically will help me achieve them easier. Once I have my goals set up I can work towards completing them in a timely manner.
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 3 October 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Academic goal
for only $16.38 $12.9/page