A computerized system enhanced our life style
A computerized system enhanced our life style
With the beginning of the modernization in education, one way to globalize the process of research is to realize that technology is advancing at an increasing fast pace. At the present time, IT is making extremely demand in our society. It is a very useful material to help us in our job like minimizing our time in doing our works. It brings us a quick result in a short period of time. These computer technologies usually use now a day in different aspects because it helps them a lot in terms of their services. It usually helped them in monitoring. Since computers are used in every possible field today, it becomes an important issue to understand and build these computerized systems in an effective way. The goal is to work smarter, get real value from efforts, increase efficiency, and save time. In this new generation, technology is the most important advancement, a necessity in bringing about progress as we move along in this computerized world.
The relationship between the library and computer is constantly changing that the use of computer contributes to the way man learns and communicates. A library is a collection of books, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed; it is organized for use and maintained by a public body, an institution, or a private individual. Librarians have the responsibility to manage and to know about the ways and means in using methods or techniques for effective use of the library. And by providing this library systems librarians can manage her time and effort easier. Library is no different from any firm and institution or even organizations, if considering the use of computer to perform a given task will be efficient.
The main purpose of library is to provide conductive learning tool and place for the student and other client in order to attain good and high quality education. And so, the aim of this study is to offer solution to the problem regarding library circulation, procedures and management, and to provide a user-friendly system to their ease and comfort. The proposed system basically responses to the needs of the librarians and students body and to improve the current library process. Especially in the circulation of borrowing, returning, inventory of books at the end of the day, including the logging in and outs in the internet side of the library.
* To proposed a systemized way of keeping and filling of the entire book’s information in the library of CSU-Carig. * To improve and further develop the library materials and files in an organized manner. * To encourage the students and others, to use library materials and services for recreation by the help of the system. * To properly provide for the information needs of the students and other library users. * To facilitate properly the cycle of borrowing, finding, and using of books. * To help the librarian ease his or her works and in a lesser time.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The difficulty in keeping, maintaining, managing different procedures in the library, which eventually leads to a series of books and data loses misplacement and jumbled files. Specific:
* How to provide a system to solve library transaction. * Librarian spends a hard time sorting files in the library. * Librarian finds difficulty in finding the desired files needed. * The students also found out that the library books and other reading materials are not kept in a desired place.( not well arranged) * How can files and records be available at desired time and date? * What are the outputs needed for the system in order for the librarian to easily access data if needed? * What are the inputs needed in the system in order for the students or staffs or visitors to be able to log in or log out when entering or borrowing books. * What are the information and data needed to put up a computerized library system?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The proposed library system improves productivity and it will help for a faster and easier processing, updating and accessing data around the library circulation. Sufficient information is also provided easily if needed. * Significance for the Librarian
– The effort and time of the librarian in sorting and arranging the files will be reduced, and maximizes his or her awareness of the unnecessary action of the library users. Needed report and files are easily updated by the use of the system. Less paper woks. * Significance for Students, Staffs and other Library Users – The proposed library system could help student for an easier and faster finding of books. System also provides an availability of a longer time of reading because of the overnight book scheduling. No limitations of reading books, just because of the forgotten library cards. The proposed library system is reliable, well-organized and can access data within a desired period of time. It can handle a large amount of data and information. And they can use it as a basic in developing useful systems.
SCOPE AND DELIMITATION
This offered system contains activities of the library system of CSU-CARIG, where collecting of data were done, processed and modified to have better analysis and output based on the objectives and possible solutions for the said problems of the study. The system limits on the following transactions:
* Borrowing Page
* Returning Page
* Book Information Page (availability)
* Book Account Page
* Overnight Page
* Internet page (log in and log out)
The current library system of CSU requires more work and time in processing files, books, and user’s data, therefore, if the system is being carry out, the process will surely became faster, well-organized, reliable, and easy to use and access by the library facilitators and users. Softwares to be use: Visual Basic and MySQL
DEFENITION OF TERMS
* Computerized library system- a system that carries, control and calculate the library information by means of computers.
* System- a set of construction/arrangement of things proportional to each other that work together to perform a task.
* Process- a sequence of steps undertaken by a program.
* Data- raw material that will be processed. * Information- processed data. * Globalize- the development of an increasingly integrated global economy. * Database-a systematically arranged collection of computer data and structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. * Library-a collection of useful material for common use, is the warehouse of the information and knowledge.
University/College: University of Arkansas System
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 28 November 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on A computerized system enhanced our life style
for only $16.38 $12.9/page