Hershey’s Enterprise Essay
This assignment involves reading two case studies and answering both questions under “Discussion Case 1”
( Chapter 1 Opening Case “Hershey’s Enterprise 21 Project” ) and answering the following questions for case 2 “Rolls Royce’s ERP Implementation” (Chapter 1) that are listed on page 34 in the text which are the following:
1. What do you think of RR’s ERP Implementation Project? Did they select the right implementation strategy?
2. Discuss the Critical Success Factors of RR’s implementation strategy and the role of SME’s in the project.
3. What advice can you give to RR’s technical team on their approach of migrating legacy system, with the SAP software?
Please submit the answers to the three above questions in either a PDF or word document via the eLearning Assignment 8.
Please do not forget to answer the two questions listed under Discussion Case 1 directly there. Do not put these answers in the document with the 3 questions above from the Rolls Royce’s case study!
1. What do you think about Hershey’s ERP strategy?
(1) Hershey made a poor strategy when implement the ERP
(2) They start the implementation of ERP when they lacked the necessary people at the top management level to make decisions on the implementation plan
(3) Implement too many changes too fast
(4) Hershey’s employee were not trained for the data entry when the system change so sharp
(5) Top management didn’t get involved in any implementation
2. What lessons can be learned from the Hershey experience?
(1) Go slowly and use a phased- in approach
(2) Train the worker to get use to the rigid data required system
(3) A team of top management must steer the launch of software
(4) Keep simple and limit the number of software application once a time
(5) Functional group must communicate with IT on data request
(6) Get worker involved in process map
1. What do you think of RR’s ERP Implementation project? Did they select the right implementation strategy? The RR’s ERP Implementation is innevitable since the need of handle the volume of data and growth of the company, however the success cause of right implementation strategy and excellent IT team.
2. Discuss the Critical Success Factors of RR’s implementation strategy and the role of SMEs in the project.
(1) The critical success factor is RR had an excellent ERP team both EDS personnel and SAP confultants to impelement the SAP smoothly from legacy system and identified problem of implementation of ERP beforehand First, they hired SAP consultant help with implementation Sec, SME know cross- functional business relationships and experience of the old legacy systems Third, OBU responsible for working changes and training
(2) The role of SME
The SAP the rigid business process structure,is complicated, new to the company user at first that may cause lots of resistance out out of the working practices and low efficent with the experience of cross- functional business relationships and experience of old legacy systems they enable the training and the user fully understand the utilize funtionality
3. What advice can you give to RR’s technical team on their approach of migrating legacy system with the SAP software?
(1) To make sure the data retrieved from the legacy system is accurate
(2) Technical should communitcate with functional group more through about their specific data requirement
(3) Spend extra time to ensure the data from all the functional group before put into Linux system to test