Running Head: Discussion Board Essay
Running Head: Discussion Board
1. What are some ways the Christian gospel is perceived in our culture? The Christian gospel is perceived in our culture as “confusion” or that Christians consider themselves to be greater than people of other religions. The one that bothers me is that Christians are hypocrites and that Christians say one thing and do another. Some of the perception are well grounded because Christians, especially carnal Christians have a tendency to package the gospel in a way that would benefit them instead of bringing others to inquire about the word of God.
2. What are some specific moral reasons people may reject the Christian gospel? A lot of people believe that there’s no way that Jesus could be fully human and fully God at the same time. Some say that there is no way that God could love and save them, being that they are mere mortals. Some people reject the Christian gospel because of sexual, marital or political reasons. Being a Christian means that you must adhere to a certain moral code and standard that most people will decline to adhere to.
3. What are some specific emotional reasons people may reject the Christian gospel? A lot of people simply doubt that all you have to do in order to be saved is to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and you will be saved. To believe is to be accompanied by faith and a changed mind. Most people have a problem believing in something that can’t be seen. The fear of change is always difficult when a person has been used to doing things a certain way. “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God.” (1Co. 2:14, King James Bible,)
4. What are some specific intellectual reasons people may reject the Christian gospel? A lot of people are so bent on knowing everything about everything that when they are confronted with the truth of the gospel it’s usually met with skepticism. Intellectual individuals like thing to be logically presented and the Christian gospel carries with it the element of faith and faith is something that a lot of intellectual individuals aren’t willing to invest a lot of time into or anything else for that matter.
5. What can Christians do to address these objections and better communicate the Christian gospel? First of all the Christian gospel must not be forced on anyone. Secondly the best way to communicate the Christian gospel is for individuals to see the difference that Christ has made in your life. “Preach with mildness and deep respect” (2 Timothy 2:25 King James version). “Believe what we are teaching”. ( Deuteronomy 6:6, King James version). Christians should also be open to providing more information with the situation present itself.