Using the search engine of your choice, complete the following items. Be sure to copy and paste the URL along with your answer. This activity should be done in Word.
1. The World Wide Web Consortium sets Internet standards. Who is the current CEO of the W3C? Jeffrey Jaffe. Link: http://www.w3.org/People/Jeff/
2. What cable company was established in 1858 to carry instantaneous communication across the ocean that eventually would be used for Internet communications? Atlantic Cable & Undersea Communications. Link: answers.yahoo.com › … › Education & Reference › Homework Help
3. What American president in 1957 created both the interstate highway system and the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA)? Dwight D. Eisenhower. Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower
4. What was eBay’s original name and what was the first item offered for auction? The original name was AuctionWeb. Link: www.ehow.com › Business
5. How many Web pages is Google currently searching? Google has at least 8890000000 pages to search. Link: www.chacha.com › Categories › Business
Be a sleuth:
Using encyclopedia.com, find the answers to the following questions.
1. On the site’s home page, you can search or browse encyclopedia articles alphabetically. Click the letter, W. Click the Wom-Wz link. Scroll down to the World Wide Web entry and then click this link. What is the definition of the WWW according to the first sentence of this article? Who is the American computer consultant who promoted the idea of linking documents via hypertext during the 1960s? What words are hyperlinks with this article?
2. Type “web browser” as the keyword in the search text box and then press the ENTER key or click the Research button. How many articles discussing Web Browsers are found on the encycopedia.com site?
3. In the search results list, click the ink to find newspaper and magazine articles related to this term. How many articles are listed?
4. Type multimedia as the keyword in the search text box and then press the enter key or click the research button. In the search results list, click the multimedia link. What hardware typically is required to work with multimedia according to this article? What are some optional hardware devices?
5. Type “personal Computer” as the keyword in the search text box and then press the enter key or click the research button. Click one of the personal computer links, review the material, and create a 50 word summary of the information.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX