Which type of research design— exploratory, descriptive, or causal—is appropriate for the following examples? Explain why.
• The goal of this research is to discover the real nature of the problem and to suggest new possible solutions or new ideas.
Exploratory – This is exploratory because the researcher does not know the actual problem he will have to search for the solution
• A food manufacturer wants to know the demographics of people who purchase organic foods.
Descriptive – This is descriptive because the researcher knows which group of people he will be researching.
• A firm is considering hiring American celebrity Paris Hilton to endorse its products.
Casual – this is casual research because the researcher is comparing two variable but in this case the variables are the cause and the result.
• British Airways would like to test in-flight Internet services on one of its regular flights from New York to Tokyo. The company charges $30 one week and $15 the next week.
Casual – this is casual research because the researcher is comparing two variables.
• This type of study attempts to discover answers to the following questions: who, what, when, where, or how much.
Descriptive – This is descriptive because they researcher knows exactly what needs to be researched to fix the problem.
• A manufacturer investigates whether consumers will buy a new pill that replaces eating a meal.
Exploratory – This is exploratory because the researcher has to explore the options of the consumer liking the new product.
• Cosmopolitan magazine sends out a cover in selected markets featuring a female model to half of its readers and a cover with a female and male model to the other half of its readers to test differences in purchase response between the two groups.
Casual – This is casual research because it is between two variables and they are looking for feedback on which the public liked more.
• A hair-care manufacturer interviews wholesalers, retailers, and customers to determine the potential for a new shampoo package.
Exploratory – This is exploratory because the researcher is looking for a solution to fix any problems customers have with existing shampoos.
• This type of research attempts to capture a population’s characteristics by making inference from a sample’s characteristics and testing hypotheses.
Descriptive – This is descriptive because the researcher knows where to look for the solution to this problem.
• On the CBS television show Undercover Boss, top executives disguised as middle level or lower level employees investigate company departments to discover potential issues or problems.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX