1. Explain how the respiratory and circulatory systems coordinate the supply and transport of oxygen to the cells and removal of carbon dioxide from the blood. (10 Marks) Paragraph 1: What happens in the respiratory system?
Respiratory System: Coordinating the Supply and transport of Oxygen
* Oxygen is inhaled through the nose or mouth
* Travels down through the Pharynx
* Travels down the Larynx
* Reaches the lungs and goes through the Bronchi
* Through the Bronchioles
* Then reach’s the Alveoli
* The Oxygen then leaves the lungs and is transported around the body via blood vessels
* Deoxygenated blood carries the Carbon Dioxide back to the lungs
* The deoxygenated air then retraces its steps
* Back to the Alveoli
* To the Bronchioles
* Through the Bronchi
* Through the Larynx and Pharynx
* Then finally out of the nose or mouth.
Paragraph 2: Circulatory System
– The heart sends blood around your body. The blood provides your body with the oxygen and nutrients it needs. It also carries away waste such as carbon dioxide. -Your heart is sort of like a pump. The right atrium of your heart receives de-oxygenated blood from the body and pumps it through the valve to the right ventricle, back to the lungs so that it can be re-oxygenated. -The left atrium receives blood from the lungs where it is passed through another valve into the left ventricle then pumped out into the body. – Blood is pumped and circulated through the body via blood vassals. – An
adult has an average of 5 liters of blood in the body; the circulatory system carries this entire quantity on one complete circuit through the body every minute. -It equalizes body temperature and helps maintain normal water balance.
How is it possible? What allows it to happen?
+The Pharynx has hairs to filter air.
+The Trachea is lined with mucus secreting cells.
+Bronchi and Bronchioles get air deep into the lungs.
+Alveoli has thin walls to allow air to pass back and forth.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX