Kernels- a whole seed grain, as of wheat or corn; small piece Wandering- moving from place to place without a fixed plan; roaming; rambling: Banquet- a lavish meal; feast; a ceremonious public dinner, especially one honoring a person, benefiting a charity, etc. Winnow- to free (grain) from the lighter particles of chaff, dirt, etc., especially by throwing it into the air.
1. Whenever you hear the phrase the wandering Jew, that is an allusion to a person who seems to be travelling nonstop and without direction.
2. Before the colonizers came, our ancestors believed in deities such as Bathala.
3. To prepare the palay for consumption, farmers also winnow them in order to remove the outer covering.
4. The former first lady relived the glory of her reign as first lady of the country when during her birthday, she hosted a big banquet for her many guests.
5. The tray containing kernels of corn and nuts was passed around so that the guests have something to munch while waiting for the main course to be served. Comprehension Guide
1. Why was rice not known to the Filipinos before?
Because they rely on the gifts of nature and tilling of soil is unknown.
2. What is a balangay?
It a group of people living together and it commonly known today as barangays.
3. What kind of relationship did gods and ordinary human beings have before? Gods and ordinary human beings has a close relationships wherein they gods interact with humans helping them to survive
4. What is the most important benefit of knowing how to plant rice to our ancestors? It improved their way of living and they were able to stay at one place surviving not only by depending on the gift of nature but also to what they themselves have raised.