You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference Then, go to HYPERLINK “http://www.vision2learn.com” www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
place of work
hours of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and safety
Contractual employment rights
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
The Working Time Regulations
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information. internal-line managers
-Books and documents held within the organisation
-P -Legal professionals
-Citizens Advice Bureau
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
the best knowns support representative bodies are trade unions they suport emplyees by training,informing them protecting theyr rights
5. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer must ensure that line managers appreciate diversity and aplly fair treatment to all employees disregard color,race,religion.Employers must always look for the positive attributes that people may bring to a situation. Employees have to be polite,respect the other people around him,must be willing to learn about people who are different,work with with them and treat them equal Employers and Employees have responsabilities to each other,they should also expect theyr rights to be upheld.
6. Explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
it will benefit for the employer that the organisation is more likely to attract talented people who want to progress, the employee can learn new things be more productive in a happy enviroment,the organisation may learn new things as well from people and can become more productive.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1a. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health and safety.
The health and safety at work act set out responsabilities and right for both employees and employers.Employers are expected to abide by a range of requirements governing such aspects as providing safe machinery and equipment and carry out regular health and safety chechs.Employers must make sure the employees are trained in health and safety issues.there are responsabilities such as the expectation to work in a safe way and to have regard for the safety of work colleagues.
1b. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employers must highlight safety policies for lone and late night workers,business travelers and cash handlers,train staff in safety. Employees need to have respect for security procedures to allow thouse procedures to be effective,employees shoud make it a point to attend all security training classes and to be ready to use security procedures at all time. Employers are responsible for any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers and the general public. Employers have responsibilities to ensure the employees’ personal details are respected and properly protected. Keep the personal information obtained secure; it should not normally be disclosed to another organisation without the individual’s consent.
If employers are going to verify the information a person provides, make sure they know how this will be done and what information will be checked. Ensure that those who have access to employment records are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information must be handled with respect. Employers are responsible for any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers and the general public. Employers must give employees information about the risks in the workplace and how they are protected, also instruct and train them on how to deal with the risks.
2. Explain the purpose of following health, safety and security procedures in a business environment.
The benefits of working in a healthy and safe environment is that you are less likely to risk your personel welface at work,reducing the risks and hazards in your workplace helps contribute towards this.Folowing the procedures also prevent injuries and illness to self or others.
3. Describe three different ways of maintaining a safe and secure business environment.
Promptly report to the appropriate person when someone is wrong or may have a potential for causing harm but the individual cannot correct it. Being willing to take practical actions to ensure the wellbeing of yourself and others. Remaining alert,not being under the infuence of alcohol or drugs.
Section 3 – Understand how to communicate effectively with others
1. Describe three different methods of communication. You should include two verbal, two non-verbal and two written methods of communication. Face to face discutions,presentations to small or large group. Facial expression,gesture,body language and posture
for small businesses that don’t have offices, important meetings — discussions of goals for the coming year or regular planning sessions — should be done face-to-face. Employee evaluations should always be conducted in person. Job interviews also require face-to-face discussions,
examples of written comunication by email can be sale reports,the advantage is that on the email can be added files or documents, texts comunications,well these days texts comunications is beeing used in “abusive” way by teenagers in stead of meeting comunicating whit people next to them,prefer texting. text comunication is good for sending to some onedetails of a adresse,a quiq list of thinks(shoppings maybe),a quiq notification that the meeting is still on. non-verbal messages allow people to reinforce or modify what is said in words.
For example, people may nod their heads vigorously when saying “Yes” to emphasise that they agree with the other person, but a shrug of the shoulders and a sad expression when saying “I’m fine thanks,” may imply that things are not really fine at all
2. Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and the needs of others. for sending someone document what are needed quickly it can be done by email,is a fast instant way to send document inneed for someone who can even be in a diferent country. if is realy important and for boosting the eficiency of the mesage in stead of sending email all day can meet face to face,this tipe of comication can boost creativity.also face to face comunication is good for people who struggle with written comunication.
3. Describe at least two ways of actively listening.
Provideing feedback to the speaker,focus on details,try to keep eye contact at all time.
Section 4 – Understand how to work with and support colleagues
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing standards for your own work. Give at least two reasons.
by agreeing the work standards ,everyone knows what is expected from them and people around them.people need work standards so they work more effectively together.
2. Explain the purpose of taking on new challenges and being able to adapt to change at work.
If u are wiling to take new challenges you are more valuable to organisation.is important to adapt if we what to advance with an organisation.employees who resist or deny changes may no longer fit in with the business,in longer term it can result in people losing their jobs. The benefit for the employee is that the organisation excel at performing tasks and improve efficiency,sales grows and profit,can reduce prices,organisation can grow and hire new staff.
3. Explain the purpose of treating others with honesty and consideration.
Treating other with honesty and respect as u expect to be treated gives a greater willingness to co-operate,work harder and help coleagues,also less arguments,complains.people become more motivated,energised and enjoy theyr work.
Section 5 – Know how to plan own work and be accountable to others
1. Explain the purpose of meeting work standards and deadlines when completing tasks in a business environment.
Is important to mantain work standards and meet deadlines in a business environment so that customers and clients get the products and service they espected.without standards being met there wil be inefficineties and delays,this can be very damaging to the organisation.
2. Identify two different methods that you can use to plan your own work in a business environment. Prioritiseing the work by urgent/not urgent and the importance of the work Deliver on time,and make sure your plan is flexible for when changes occur.
3. Describe ways of keeping other people informed about progress and compare their effectiveness. What are the benefits and drawbacks of each approach? Reporting to the manager about the outcome of a project can be written, detailed report as well as face-to-face meeting, depending on the complexity of the report and the time frame Face to face-personal,detailed,however they can be time consuming. If you need to be in more than one place in a very short space of time Memos-short notes are concise, down to the essentials,lack detail and can be vague,lack security.
Section 6 – Understand the purpose of improving own performance in a business environment and how to do so
1. Explain the purpose of continuously improving your performance in a business environment. Improveing your performance help you to get better at the job and produce improved results,more likely to have the oportuniti to advance in an organisation,more likely to recieve training and promotions,continuasly improveing the performance have a positive impact on a persons long-term career prospect.
2. Describe at least two ways of improving your performance at work. Where relevant, illustrate your answer with specific examples from your own experience. can emprove your performance by learning from your mistakes,observing others can also learn from performance reviews. From own experience a mistake done once is better to learn from it and not repeat it,observing others the way they work,siting at theyr desk not doing nothing all day and somedays just bits of work,in time the employer dont need them any more as they are not a benefit for the company.looking backward from were u started as small,and were u are now,things that helped u in this time,things that u will be needing in the future or proper training what u probably soud have done long time ago it can maybe caled a learn from mistakes or from performance reviews.
From all my experience best examples of improving my self was leaving the company what was not using my skills,to a better company what needed a person with my skills,and second get better training in business and administration,so i can learn about it be better and maybe go higher.
3. Identify at least two different types of career pathways or options that may be available to you. one of the carrier i can opt is stay were i am and advance as a team leader,i am qualified for it,have the experience,people know me and respect me. second will like to get the right training in business and management and customer relations,ang look for another job,better payd,new chalange,new people to meet,as a customer service to a maybe a small company is a good place to start for building the experience.
Section 7 – Understand the types of problems that may occur in a business environment and how to deal with them
1. Identify at least two different types of problems that can occur in a business environment.
Supplies not arriving on time.
A colleague is absent or is to slow on his work and have to wait for him.
2. Describe at least two specific problems that can occur at work and explain how they can be dealt with. Equipment failure,depending how complex and sofisticated is the equipment an employees can try to solve the problem it self if he is qualified using his knowledge and experience,ask a more experience coleague,if the problem it can not be solved must inform a senior manager as soon as posible. Supplies not arrivining on time need to inform a senior manager as soon as posible.
3. List at least two problems you are able to deal with yourself and two problems you would need to refer to others to deal with. Explain how and when you would refer these problems to others.
Supplies arive and need to be mooved out from the delivery truk in to the storage area quik is not finished by lunch can work true the lunch breake and complete the task your self. If working on a forklift and it breake down need to contact a manager as is need a qualified personel to repair the machine.
Once you have completed all 7 Sections of this Assessment, go to HYPERLINK “