Technology and the changes it brings can have a very big effect on our lives. Which technological change has had the largest effect on life in this country? Why? Prepare at least a 350-word essay explaining the technology you have chosen and how it has affected our lives. As you write your paper, remember your essay will be scored based on how well you address the following:
• Develop a multi-paragraph response to the assigned topic that clearly communicates your controlling idea to the audience.
• Support your controlling idea with meaningful examples, reasons, and information based upon your research or readings.
• Organize your essay in a clear and logical manner, including an introduction, body, and conclusion.
• Use well-structured sentences and language that are appropriate for your audience.
• Edit your work to conform to the conventions of standard American English
The digital divide is beginning to close. The flow of digital information – through mobile phones, text messaging, and the Internet – is now reaching the world’s masses, even in the poorest countries, bringing with it a revolution in economics, politics, and society. In my opinion, the technological innovation that has had the greatest impact on our lives in this country today would be the mobile telecommunication technology. For the last ten to fifteen years, mobile phones have changed our lives in such a way that no other technological change has before.
Earlier, people used to book telephone calls in advance, had to go and use near the telephone booths, or sit beside a physical telephone instrument kept in the drawing room of a house, and attend to, or make calls stuck to a place. Now, people simply carry a 200 gram device in their pockets and can travel the world, always connected to their loved ones and business partners, no matter in whatever remote part of the world they are. (However, in certain countries, mobile coverage does…