As the prevalence of social media continues to rise, consumers are recognizing ways in which social media can direct them to better sources for purchasing.
As a result, businesses are now jumping on the social media bandwagon at a rapid pace, embracing social networks to achieve their marketing and business goals.
Identify one (1) of the major social media outlets and write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Discuss the four (4) components of a legally astute social media marketing manager who utilizes social media outlets for consumer transactions and how each component can mitigate the risk involved in doing business in cyberspace.
2. List and analyze methods of alternative dispute resolution and determine which would be most effective in resolving genuine disputes that arise with consumers who may make purchases from businesses that provide links via social media.
3. Since consumer transactions on social media can occur across state lines, determine how the federal government can best control these transactions.
4. Examine the three (3) branches of government and discuss which can effectuate the most significant impact on regulating consumer transactions via social media outlets. Support your decision.
5. Explain whether or not the agency relationship exists on social media sites between the social media provider and businesses that utilize the site for advertising. Support your answer.
6. Use at least three (3) quality references.
Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources. Twitter has specific provisions governing business or individual impersonation and name squatting. A well-known lawsuit involving allegations of impersonation on Twitter involved Tony La Russa, Manager of the St. Louis Cardinals Major League baseball team. In May 2009, La Russa sued Twitter for trademark infringement for allowing an impersonator to use La Russa’s name as a Twitter profile name and post offensive “tweets” under the name. The case was eventually settled. Anthony La Russa v. Twitter, Inc., Case Number.