Below you will address the issue of abstinence versus sexual activity in three different ways; implications of sexual activity (this may include health issues that might arise due to sexual activity), a comparative look of rewards and risks of sexual activity and abstinence, and factual statements that a teen might use to defend a teen’s choice of abstinence.
You need to consider knowledge of the reproductive systems, issues regarding teen pregnancy, and the complications involved with sexually transmitted infections to properly draw conclusions in each section. Use learned facts, coupled with your morals, and values when responding to the activities.
Section 1: This section deals with the possible implications (consequences) of sexual activity or abstinence for a teenager. 1. Being sexually active can impact teenagers emotionally. Discuss one emotional impact of sexual activity.
2. Choices we make affect our health. What is a possible health consequence for sexually active teens?
3. Throughout this course, we have discussed goal setting. How can sexual involvement change or potentially influence a teen’s goals?
4. Explain how your value system impacts your choices about abstinence versus sexual activity.
Section 2: The issue is abstinence.
You have looked at implications on how sexual activity can affect your goals, emotions and health. Defend a teen’s choice to choose abstinence versus sexual activity. In your defense, include at least five facts. USE COMPLETE SENTENCES AND INCLUDE FIVE DIFFERENT ANSWERS. If you are a male, please be sure your answers reflect a male perspective and if you are a female be sure your answers reflect a female perspective.
1. Sexual activity can affect my future in many ways, and the most common example is teen pregnancy. 2/3 of pregnant teenagers drop out of school. I don’t want to drop out, I want to finish my education before having a baby.
2. It can also affect my health, what if I contract AIDs? There are no known cures available for AIDs. About 60% of teens with HIV in the United States don’t even know they’re infected. STD’s usually stay forever, only the symptoms leave.
3. Most sexual activity are caused by romance which can sometimes lead to teenage pregnancy. Most couples can’t withstand the tension and stress and often times the male will leave. A large percentage of fathers involved in teen pregnancies are 20 years old or older.
4. Abstinence doesn’t have as many risks as participating in sexual activity does. Teens who don’t partake in sexual intercourse can get their priorities done first, as sexual intercourse can distract from the big goal. There are many reasons teens stay abstinent, due to religion.
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample, we can send it to you via email.
Please, specify your valid email address
Topic: Sexual absitinent
We can't stand spam as much as you doNo, thank’s. I prefer suffering on my own.
Remember that this is just a sample essay and since it might not be original, we do not recommend to submit it. However, we might edit this sample to provide you with a plagiarism-free paperEdit this sample
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX