Answer each question fully. Complete sentences are not necessary.
Lesson 1 (3.0 points)
1. What is a lifestyle? (0.5 points)-The way in which a person or group lives.
2. What is the process of earning your income sometimes called? (0.5 points)-Wages, salaries, or work is the process of earning your income.
3. Name at least two industries. (1.0 points)- Emboldened by a sweeping electoral triumph, Roosevelt applied fresh determination to the cause of reform. The banking and automotive industries were the most heavily impacted.
4. What is an internship? (0.5 points)- Is a temporary job that helps you gain workplace skills and see what working at a particular company is like. 5. What is a career aptitude test? (0.5 points)- Is an exam that asks questions about activities you enjoy, skills you have, tasks you dislike, and many other things.
Lesson 2 (3.0 points)
1. What are classifieds? (0.5 points)- Where employers can post available jobs.
2. What is telecommuting? (0.5 points)- Is when an employee is allowed to work from a location other than the company’s location.
3. What information should a resume provide? (0.5 points)- Contact information, Objective, Employment history, Education, Technical skills, Strengths (optional), Hobbies/interests (optional)
4. What is a cover letter? (0.5 points)-Sometimes included with a resume. It is a short letter from the job applicant that gives additional information about their qualifications for and interest in the job.
5. Name at least two finance careers. (1.0 points)- financial planner and financial analyst
Lesson 3 (3.0 points)
1. What is pessimism? (0.5 points)-A tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.
2. What is conformity? (0.5 points)-Compliance with rules, standards, or laws.
3. What might you consider when you’re studying the dynamics of a group? (0.5 points)-People coming and going, one new person can change the whole group
4. What is active listening? (0.5 points)- Is a communication technique used in counselling, training and conflict resolution, which requires the listener to feed back what they hear to the speaker, by way of re-stating or paraphrasing what they have heard in their own words, to confirm what they have heard.
5. What is a stereotype? (0.5 points)-A widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.
6. What is professional development? (0.5 points)-In workplaces, professional development refers to the acquisition of skills and knowledge, both for personal development and for career advancement.