Task 1 – List 5 qualities that a ‘good’ teacher should have and give reasons for your choices. Which of these qualities do you consider to be more important, and why? 1. a good teacher should really love teaching because in my opinion you cannot be a good teacher if you do not like what you do. 2. a good teacher should be lively and entertaining because children do not like boring teachers, they need somebody who changes learning into pleasure. as my experience schooled children love games and it is one of the best way of encouraging them to take part in the lesson. 3. a good teacher is able to motivate learners as motivation is one of the most important aspects while learning. children who are well motivated are eager to learn thus they learn more.
4. a good teacher should have good rapport and interaction with the class because it is crucial to have a nice atmosphere in the classroom. I believe that children cannot be scared of the teacher, they must like him/her and then they are open and more involved in the lessons. 5. a good teacher should be able to correct student without offending them or affecting their motivation as if he/she does it then the children do not want to take part in the lessons because they are scared of making mistakes. i always tell my students that they shouldn’t be scared of making mistakes as nobody is perfect and I’m there to correct them. and explain that they are learners so they can’t know all of the answers correctly.
As far as I am concerned, I really believe that all of the qualities I chose are equal. you really need to have all of them to be a good teacher. it is really difficult for me to decide which one is more important and which one is less important.
Task 2 – State what you consider to be the five most important roles of a teacher. Describe each role and say why you think it is important.
1. organizer – teacher organizes to do various activities. it is important as children need instruction, need to be organized into groups or pairs. teacher must initiate and finish activities and give feedback. 2. participant – teacher participates in the lesson as an equal. it is good method as children can see that the teacher wants to be a part of the class so it is a good way of gaining trust. 3. observer – teacher monitors what is going on in the classroom. it is important as teacher must know the improvement of the students and what needs to be revise.
4. model – teacher (native speaker) is the source of real, live English. it is important because sometimes it is the only way for the students to encounter foreign language with foreign accent. native speaker is also a good source of cultural information. 5. assessor – teacher gives feedback, correction, evaluates and grades. children want to know whether they make mistakes or not, as they want to improve their skills and try not to make the same mistake again.
Task 3 – List 5 qualities you would expect to find in a ‘good’ learner. Which of these qualities do you consider to be more important, and why?
1. a desire to learn – it is crucial to want to learn a language as if the students find learning language useless they simply don’t want to take part in any activities and they don’t want to study. 2. a willingness to ask questions – students must ask questions as it is the way of finding more information and also practise their speaking skills. 3. a willingness to listen to the language – listening to the language can improve not only listening but also speaking skills. it also helps to gain foreign accent.
4. an ability to think about their own learning process and methods – every students is different and prefers different methods of learning. it is important for students to realize which method is the most helpful and useful for them while learning language. 5. an acceptance of error correction – students must realize that when teacher corrects them he/she does it not to embarrass them but to improve their learning. students should try not to make the same mistakes over and over again. Task 4 – What are some of the major differences you would expect to find between adult and young learners?
Young learners are sometimes less motivated than adults. what is more, young learners are more receptive to the new sounds and grammar. it is widely known that young learners can acquire foreign language faster than adults. adults has longer history of learning experience than young learners, and they believe they can succeed with the language.
Task 5 – List the levels of language ability that learners are often grouped into and give a brief summation of each level:
beginner – from zero knowledge of English to a very basic one which cannot be quickly or easily activated. elementary – students are able to form basic sentence structures and communicate on simple topics. low/pre-intermediate – able to communicate and understand a great variety of topics but lacking general fluency and depth of language awareness. still likely to make many errors even with basic structures. intermediate – able to understand and communicate on a wide range of issues using limited vocabulary store but still lacking in accuracy and fluency. upper intermediate – should be able to actively communicate on almost all topics using a great range of language but still lacking in accuracy. advanced – students should have a very good knowledge of the English language and now will be studying more suitable language items.
Task 6 – Give as many reasons as possible why students are motivated to study English. The reasons that you give do not have to be in the unit reading material.
students are motivated to study English because they realize that English is an international language and you can communicate with almost everyobody all over the world using this language. they know English can improve their future career prospects. they realize it can make their travel abroad much easier. they also want to study English to improve their grades and achieve success in exams. they study because they want to communicate with prints, parents, colleagues. very often they just want to learn language because they are interested in English and English culture.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX