How to Write a Problem Solution Essay
A problem solution essay appears to be something that not only college students can get assigned. You may need to complete such an assignment in your future life or at work. Let’s face it: we all, whether students, graduates, or people who are far from academia, have to complete our own life “essays” on problem solution. The idea behind a problem solution essay is looking into a particular problem and finding the best solution to it. The writer is supposed to convince the audience that the problem does exist, and it demands an urgent solution.
How to Start a Problem Solution Essay
The hardest task is to find a good topic for your essay. Of course, every student can choose from a wide range of topics. However, you are recommended to opt for the problem that belongs to your communication group. For instance, you can describe bad relations between your classmates using a real life experience as well as describe problems taken from your borough community. As soon as you are ready with the problem on your hands, you need to think over the best solution. Your essay is almost ready! You may approach writing a problem solution essay with first contemplating some good solutions, and then coming up with a problem that your solution fits best.
Problem Solution Essay Topics and Examples
- How can we help homeless people in our community?
- How can we prevent people from dropping out of high school?
- What is the best way to prevent teen pregnancy?
- How can kids be persuaded not to experiment with illegal drugs?
- What is the best way to prevent deaths from drunk driving?
- How can teenagers be convinced to drive more safely?
- What can be done to prevent divorce?
- How can kids with divorced parents be helped to do well in school, have strong relationships, and build successful lives and marriages?
- What can be done to eliminate or prevent racism?
- What is the best way to help people who are victims of family violence?
- How can we change the welfare system to help people escape generational poverty?
- How can college be made more affordable?
- How can college students study effectively and earn better grades?
- How can a student avoid procrastinating?
- How can college students avoid the “Freshman 15” and eat healthily in college?
- How can college students stay in shape when they aren’t in sports like they were in high school?
- What is the best way for college students to balance work, studying, classes, and social life?
- How can college students handle problems with roommates?
- How can college students ask parents for more money effectively?
- How can parents of college students let go?
Problem Solution Essay Outline and Format
You need to grab the attention of the audience awakening a sincere interest in the problem you’re writing about but mostly, inducing their desire to actually take a solution you suggest, and implement it. The following outline sample will certainly come in handy:
- Introduction (state of the problem)
- Introducing the Problem (personal experience, facts, etc.)
- Propose a Solution