1) Which of the following does the heredity approach state? a) An individual’s personality is determined by the social background one is brought up in. b) An individual’s personality is determined by molecular structure of the genes. c) An individual’s personality is influenced by the economic settings he is surrounded by. d) A person’s personality traits are created by the company he keeps i.e., his friends and family. e) A person’s personality traits are largely influenced by global trends and characteristics. Answer:
2) Valerie Sinclair, a climate campaigner at an environmental organization, invariably uses rationale to make decisions for project implementation. She believes that the right decisions can be made only through scrutiny and analysis. Each time she needs to make a decision, she weighs all options before taking action. Which of the following is Sinclair’s personality type according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) classification?
3) What is the major problem with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator as a measure of personality? a) It has an excess of classifications which tends to confuse a person. b) It forces a person to be categorized as either one type or another. c) It does not have a clear demarcation between different personality types. d) It tends to overemphasize intuitive traits over analytical traits. e) It indicates results related exclusively to job performance Answer:
4) ________ is as important for managers as for front-line employees and, among all Big Five Model traits, is most consistently related to job
performance. a. Extroversion
d. Emotional stability
e. Openness to experience
5) Individuals scoring ________ have a strong ability to adjust his or her behavior to external, situational factors and can behave differently in different situations. a) low on openness
b) high on narcissism
c) low on agreeableness
d) high on self-monitoring
e) low on conscientiousness
6) Which of the following statements is most likely to be true regarding people with proactive personalities?
a) They react passively to situations.
b) They tend to display their true dispositions and attitudes in every situation.
c) They tend to be selfish and exploitive and believe others exist for their benefit.
d) They are more likely than others to be seen as leaders.
e) They are narcissistic in nature and require constant admiration. Answer:
7) Which of the following is true of values?
a) They are void of a judgmental element.
b) They are invariably fluid and flexible in nature.
c) They have content and intensity attributes.
d) They never change irrespective of external factors.
e) They are always established in a person’s later years.
8) Which of the following is an instrumental value?
a) economic success
b) social recognition
c) personal discipline
d) world peace
e) meaning in life
9. John Holland’s personality-job fit theory presents six personality types. Which of the following is one of these six types? a) analytic
10. With reference to the Hofstede’s framework, which country scores highest in individualism? a) United States
d) Great Britain
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX