Weather forecasting is Prediction of the weather through application of the principles of physics and meteorology. Weather forecasting predicts atmospheric phenomena and changes on the Earth’s surface caused by atmospheric conditions (typhoons, floods, giant waves, and high seas).
The City of Olongapo (Tagalog: Lungsod ng Olongapo; Sambal: Syodadnin Olongapo) is an independent highly urbanized city located in the province of Zambales, Philippines. According to the latest census, it has a population of 258,817 people in 57,515 households. Along with the town of Subic, it comprises the Metro Olongapo, one of the twelve metropolitan areas in the Philippines. The Online Geographical Live Forecasting System of Olongapo City is to provide protection of life and property against natural hazards due to typhoons, floods, giant waves, and high seas. To utilize scientific knowledge and information as an effective instrument to ensure the safety, economic security and improve the quality of life of all the people and the environment.
The proposed system provides a user friendly website that helps the citizens view weather and flood conditions, latest news and information, and a scalable map of olongapo city. Due to the problem of low-lying areas suffering from floods because of relatively heavy downpour the system shall also provide color coding indicators to monitor flood conditions and users can also view these specific risk areas via cctv camera. The Closed-circuit Television cam is used to monitor and transmit signals from a specific place, on a limited set of monitors. CCTV’s are connected to the website for public viewing, to provide a service to customers, to be updated of the latest weather forecast from time to time.
Wireless cameras do not require a video cable for video/audio transmission, simply a cable for power. Wireless cameras are also easy and inexpensive to install. Previous generations of wireless security cameras relied on analog technology; modern wireless cameras use digital technology which delivers crisper audio, sharper video, and a secure and interference-free signal. Integrated systems allow users to connect remotely from the internet and view what their cameras are viewing remotely.
The proposed system indicates the color of danger rainfall and flood warning system. “Yellow warning” represents 7.5-15 mm rain in an hour which could also cause flooding. “Green warning” stands for 15-30 mm rain in an hour that is also expected to continue within the next two hours. At this point, low-lying areas are expected to suffer from floods because of relatively heavy downpour. The memorable Typhoon Pedring (Nesat), which hit the country on September 27, 2011, fell within the green warning range as it had a recorded rainfall of about 15-25 mm per hour “Red Warning” More than 30 mm rain observed in 1 hour and expected to continue in the next 2 hours. Serious flooding expected in low-lying areas. Think about the amount of rain at Typhoon Ondoy’s (Ketsana) peak when it hit the country on September 26, 2009.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The main problem of this research is that people are searching for an easily accessible website that will help them to inform about current weather and flood forecast and also to locate recent disasters happening within the area of Olongapo City.
1. How will the citizens view latest news about weather and flood conditions of Olongapo City?
2. How will the system update information about the cancellation of classes of the students and works of employees, signal level of possible typhoon, and the specific areas of evacuation center?
3. How will the system monitor the Specific risk areas within Olongapo City?
4. How will the proposed system inform the citizen of Olongapo City about the danger rainfall and flood warning?
5. How will the website be accessed in case of power outage or unavailability?
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this research is to find an Information Technology
Solution that will cater the needs of the citizens of Olongapo City during calamities like typhoons and flooding. The IT Solution must be able to present an online geographical with live forecasting system to update the users during calamities. 1. To develop a system that broadcast latest updates on the weather and flood conditions of Olongapo City.
2. To develop a system that synchronizes the information from other weather forecasting sites that will display text information below the proposed system’s map interface about the cancellation of classes and works of employees, typhoon signal level, and evacuation center areas of Olongapo City.
3. To develop a system that can monitor the specific areas of Olongapo using CCTV cameras installed in calamity prone areas and by watch live videos through online.
4. To include flood warning indicator via color coding such as: A.)
Red Warning: More than 30 mm rain observed in 1 hour and expected to continue in the next 2 hours. Serious flooding expected in low-lying areas. Response: Evacuation
B.) Green Warning: 15-30mm (intense) rain observed in 1 hour and expected to continue in the next 2 hours. Flooding is threatening. Response: Alert for possible evacuation
C.) Yellow Warning: 7.5-15mm (heavy) rain observed in 1 hour and expected to continue in the next 2 hours. Flooding is possible. Response: Monitor the weather condition
5. To provide a one-time registration to receive regular updates from PAGASA via SMS.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION
1. The proposed system focuses on the update of the weather and flood condition of Olongapo City. 2. Flood forecasting via CCTV camera.
3. Time to time latest conditions 24/7 update.
4. The system will provides online mapping to view specific areas within barangay’s of Olongapo City. 5. Broadcast information of the weather and flood conditions to the website interface. 6. The system will display all the information on cancellation of classes and office work within the area of Olongapo City. 7. Subscribing to PAGASA for Updates via SMS.
1. The proposed system only covers the areas within Olongapo City. 2. The system can only broadcast weather and flood conditions within the areas of Olongapo City. 3. The proposed system will only Monitor Bridges, Rivers and selected Hazard prone Areas of Olongapo City.
4. The proposed System is Manually Updated and Handled by an Administrator. 5. The proposed system will be using a PoE network camera.
LOCALE OF THE STUDY
Subic Bay International Airport Weather Station
Figure 1.0 Locale of the Study
Located at Operation Bldg. 8050 Argonaut Highway Subic Bay Freeport Zone Philippines Managed by Mr Joselito F. Meredor, Chief Meteorological Officer.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. Police. The system helps them to monitor the conditions of the specific area of Olongapo and helps to monitor and record videos when problems happened, to respond and helps them from time to time.
2. Rescue Team. The system can monitor the flood conditions by using color
coding warning updates. It helps them to know if the specific area’s or barangay’s are needed to evacuate immediately to protect the citizen of Olongapo City during flood.
3. Citizens of Olongapo City. The materials in this web page will compile and simplify to help our viewers and readers gain a better understanding of the information disseminated and services offer by the proposed for the citizens of Olongapo City. This web page aims to provide its viewers and readers insight on the dynamics of the weather which changes on a daily basis and of the climate which changes over a greater period of time.
4. Future Researchers. The Future Researchers will benefit from the information that the proponents have gathered as well as the technical issues that the Future Researcher will need on the project that they are developing, this research is available also for future enhancement if the Future Researcher will be adopting this research.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX