University of Phoenix Material
Outline and Introductory Paragraph Worksheet
Create an outline and introductory paragraph in preparation for writing a complete Personal Plan due in Week Five.
Use the following information to assist you with the content of your outline and introductory paragraph:
• Ethical Lens Inventory results
• Career Interests Profiler results
• Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies results
• Your SMART goals, including those identified in the University of Phoenix Material: Goal Setting
Use the following to assist you with the writing of your outline:
• Sample Outline in the CWE
• MyFoundationsLab: The Writing Process
• MyFoundationsLab: Prewriting
1. Topic: What the results say versus what I thought about myself. a. Subtopic: Seeing my strengths and weakness
b. Subtopic: Figuring in my SMART goals
2. Topic: How to build off of my competencies
a. Subtopic: What areas need to be improved
b. Subtopic: What jobs I may look for in the future
Use the following to assist you with the writing of your introductory paragraph:
• MyFoundationsLab: Developing and Organizing a Paragraph • MyFoundationsLab: The Topic Sentence
• MyFoundationsLab: Recognizing a Paragraph
Since I have started college, I have set myself up for high standards. My wife and I have talked many times about the importance of me wanting to go to college so I have an understanding support system. Ever since I enrolled at University of Phoenix I have received many helpful resources. These resources first helped point me in the right direction not only for academics but also in my future with locating the right job for my personality. I could see what jobs matched my personality and compare them to the jobs I wanted to take before I joined the university and I saw that the results were close to the same. The university’s resources then helped me identify my strengths and weaknesses.
Whereas I plan to continue to practice my strengths that I already knew I had, I can make my weaknesses that I never thought about into strengths as well. Finally, the resources allowed me to set up SMART goals in which to help further my education by breaking down what I need to study further into detail in order to succeed in my classes. Not only has the University of Phoenix helped set up goals while I am studying, but also it has helped me identify SMART goals, which will help me to enhance myself for the professional world.