What is an Information System? An information system (IS) refers to a collection of multiple pieces of equipment involved in the dissemination of information. Hardware, software, computer system connections and information, information system users, and the system’s housing are all part of an Information System. What is a PDS? Personal Data Sheet or simply PDS is a questionnaire often given by organizations to individuals for the purpose of eliciting specific information relative to the individual. The Personal Data Sheet will account for all the information need by a company or organization in order to assess which of applicant for a job will be the best candidates for the trial. A survey modeled to attain biographical information about an individual, consisting of age, gender, education, profession, interests, and health history.
1. Manual submitting of Personal Data Sheet takes more effort and physical space to keep track of paper documents, to find information and to keep details secure. When mistakes are made or changes or corrections are needed, often a manual transaction must be completely redone rather than just updated. The researcher thought of an easy way to do the passing of Personal Data Sheet and knowing what is happening inside Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology. We come up with an online Information System which will enable the user to save Time and Effort. It serves as a submitting system where anytime or anywhere you can submit your Personal Data Sheet and review what you want to know about Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology. This system maintains a Personal Record of a person who submitted his/her Personal Data Sheet. Statement of the Problem
The study aim to develop an online faculty and staff Information System for Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology (NEUST).
2. Specifically our study aimed to answer the following questions: 1. How may the proposed system be developed in terms of:
1.6 Implemention; and
2. How do the respondents assess the proposed Online Submission of Personal Data Sheet for Human Resource Management Office of Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology faculty and staff based on the following criteria:
2.3 Efficiency; and
3. Conceptual Framework
The Conceptual Framework of this study is based on the Input-Process-Output (IPO) model. The research paradigm is shown in Figure 1. Input Process Output
The Research Paradigm
The study used the Input-Process-Output Framework. A conceptual Framework determines the data for processing, the process is for the interpretation or the execution of data and the output will display the result of the 4. processing. We used IPO because it is easier to use and it is the basic way to process data. And it is not that complicated compare to others. And it is compatible to our system.
Significance of the study
The Proposed Online Information System of Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology Gen. Tinio Campus will give benefits to the following: School Faculty. The system will help them know the the announcements and submit their Personal Data Sheet without going to school. School Staff. These personnel will decreased their work and spend their time focusing in other work. School Administrator. These personnel will have safe and clear records of the employees. Scope and Delimitation of the study
The Online Information System for Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology General Tinio Campus was developd using PHP, HTML, and MySQL. This System includes the Form of The Personal Data Sheet and Events inside Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology.
5. Definition of Terms
Administrator. a person responsible for the performance or management of administrative business operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrator) Application. An Act of putting to use. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/application) Computer. is an electronic device that manipulates information, or data. It has the ability to store, retrieve, and process data. (http://www.gcflearnfree.org/computerbasics/1) Faculty. The group of teachers in a school or college. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faculty) Hardware. Refers to objects that you can actually touch, like disks, disk drives, display screens, keyboards, printers, boards, and chips. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/H/hardware.html) HRMO(Human Resource Management Office). Departments are the entities organizations form to organize people, reporting relationships, and work in a way that best supports the accomplishment of the organization’s goals. (http://humanresources.about.com/od/glossaryh/f/hr_department.htm)
6. Input. Any information or data that’s entered or sent to the computer to be processed (http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/i/input.htm) Output. Anything that comes out of a computer. Output can be meaningful information or gibberish, and it can appear in a variety of forms — as binary numbers, as characters, as pictures, and as printed pages. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/output.html) Paradigm. Intellectual perception or view, accepted by an individual or a society as a clear example, model, or pattern of how things work in the world. (http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/paradigm.html) PDS(Personal Data Sheet). Questionnaire often given by organizations to individuals for the purpose of eliciting specific information relative to the individual. ( http://www.allbusiness.com/glossaries/personal-data-sheet/4956517-1.html) Process. is an instance of a computer program that is being executed.
It contains the program code and its current activity. Depending on the operating system (OS), a process may be made up of multiple threads of execution that execute instructions concurrently. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_%28computing%29) Software. Software means computer instructions or data. Anything that can be stored electronically is software. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/software.html) Staff. The entire group of employees who work at a company. (http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/staff.html) System. A group of interdependent items that interact regularly to perform a task. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/system.html) Submission. An act of giving a document, proposal, piece of writing, etc., to someone so that it can be considered approved. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/submission)
8. CHAPTER II
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE AND STUDIES
PHP is a scripting language designed to fill the gap between SSI (Server Side Includes) and Perl, intended for the web environment. Its principal application is the implementation of web pages having dynamic content. PHP has gained quite a following in recent times, and it is one of the frontrunners in the Open Source software movement. Its popularity derives from its C-like syntax, and its simplicity. The newest version of PHP is 5.5 and it is heavily recommended to always use the newest version for better security, performance and of course features. If you’ve ever been to a website that prompts you to login, you’ve probably encountered a server-side scripting language. Due to its market saturation, this means you’ve probably come across PHP. PHP was designed by Rasmus Lerdorf to display his resume online and to collect data from his visitors.
9. Basically, PHP allows a static webpage to become dynamic. “PHP” is an acronym that stands for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”. The word “Preprocessor” means that PHP makes changes before the HTML page is created. This enables developers to create powerful applications which can publish a blog, remotely control hardware, or run a powerful website such as Wikipedia or Wikibooks. Of course, to accomplish something such as this, you need a database application such as MySQL. Before you embark on the wonderful journey of Server Side Processing, it is recommended that you have a basic understanding of the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). But PHP can also be used to build GUI-driven applications for example by using PHP-GTK.
MYSQL. We started out with the intention of using the mSQL database system to connect to our tables using our own fast low-level (ISAM) routines. However, after some testing, we came to the conclusion that mSQL was not fast enough or flexible enough for our needs. This resulted in a new SQL interface to our database but with almost the same API interface as mSQL. This API was designed to enable 10.
third-party code that was written for use with mSQL to be ported easily for use with MySQL. MySQL is named after co-founder Monty Widenius’s daughter, “My”. The name of the MySQL Dolphin (our logo) is “Sakila,” which was chosen from a huge list of names suggested by users in our “Name the Dolphin” contest. The winning name was submitted by Ambrose Twebaze, an Open Source software developer from Swaziland, Africa. According to Ambrose, the feminine name Sakila has its roots in SiSwati, the local language of Swaziland. Sakila is also the name of a town in Arusha, Tanzania, near Ambrose’s country of origin, Uganda.
CSS. or cascading style sheets, are used to describe the visual style and presentation of a document, most commonly web sites. One of the purposes of CSS is to separate the presentation of a document from the structure and content (although it is possible to embed CSS within the structure as well), and is a W3C recommendation. Separation of style from structure and content increases maintainability for the author(s) of a document as well as accessibility for the audience. CSS is commonly applied to 11.
HTML, XHTML and XML documents, though it is possible, albeit rare, to apply it to other types of documents as well. CSS is one way of describing the “style” — the colors, fonts, layout, and other “presentation” aspects of a document. A single CSS file can describe a common “style” to be applied to
many HTML, XHTML, and XML documents (which describe the content and structure of the elements of each document). Typically a particular element in a XHTML file has a “cascade” of CSS style rules that can be applied to it. The highest priority style rule is applied to each element.
12. CHAPTER III
This chapter discusses the Research method, research locale, Respondents of the study, and Research instruments. Research Method
This study utilized the developmental method of research for this is the appropriate approach which target to clarify both problem at stake and the feature of its probable solution though evolutionary prototyping and interaction.
13. Research Locale
The initial gathering for the research was conducted at Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology, General Tinio Campus.
14. The Gen. Tinio Campus of the University sits on a 1.93 hectare lot along General Tinio Street in the heart of Cabanatuan City. It is about 120 kilometers north of Manila and about one hour travel away from the university´s most distant campus, the Gabaldon Campus. The campus houses the Colleges of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology, Industrial Technology, Arts and Sciences, Nursing, Graduate School and High School Department. Sumacab Campus sits on a 23.9-hectare lot that strategically lies on Sumacab Este, Cabanatuan City. Relatively expansive, Sumacab Campus is free from the hustle and bustle of the city. Respondents of the Study
The respondents of the study were IT practioners and The Faculty of Human Resource and Management Office of Nueva Ecija University of Science and Tehcnology General Tinio Campus who assessed the functionality and the effectiveness of the proposed Online Information System based on a set of criteria.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX