1. Which of the following is true about a TCP/IP network? A) The network uses only standards defined in TCP/IP RFCs. 2. Which of the following terms is not a common synonym for TCP/IP model? (Choose two answers.) D) TCP/IP mapping and C) Ethernet 3. Think generically about the idea of a networking standard, ignoring any particular standard or standards group. Which of the following is typically true of a standard? (Choose two answers.) B) It exists as a deployed network device, which people can visit on the Internet. C) It has been passed through some form of review and approval or certification process. 4. Contrast an international standard as compared to a de facto standard. (Choose two answers.) B) International standard documents have been reviewed more thoroughly. D) International standards typically mean that the standards group has been authorized by many countries to create standards that apply to multiple countries. 5. Which of the following are true about the commonly used version of the TCP/IP model as shown in this chapter? (Choose two answers.) C) The physical layer sits just below the data link layer. D). The network layer sits in the middle of the five layers.
6. The TCP/IP model refers to standards other than those the IETF defines in RFCs. Which of these standards groups is typically the source of external LAN standards? (Choose two answers.) A) ITU B) IEEE 7. Which of the following is not a typical reason for a group of ten companies to start a vendor group, for the purpose of pushing a new networking technology? C) To improve the chances that the technology will be standardized 8. The TCP/IP and OSI models have some obvious differences, like the number of layers. Think about the more commonly used version of the TCP/IP model discussed in this chapter, and then think about how to talk about TCP/IP using OSI terms. Which of the following is a correctly phrased statement for how to use OSI terminology? B) IP is a network layer protocol. 9. Historically, which of the following models were the earliest models used in corporate networks? A) Vendor models 10. Which of the following statements is true when comparing the OSI and the TCP/IP model as defined in RFC 1122? B) The lower four layers of TCP/IP define the same kinds of functions as the matching layer numbers from OSI.
11. A network engineer connects two PCs (PC1 and PC2) using Ethernet NICs and an Ethernet cable that has copper wires inside. The two PCs communicate successfully. Which of the following happens when PC1 sends bits to PC2? D)PC1 converts the bits to sound waves, and the NIC uses an A/D converter to send the data over the cable. 12. A TCP/IP network includes an Ethernet LAN with 10 PCs uses a LAN switch. PC1 sends data intended for an app running on PC2. Which of the following mechanisms does Ethernet define so that PC2 receives and processes the data? A)The Ethernet header lists PC2’s MAC address so that PC2 will realize that the data is meant for PC2. 13. Two network pros are having a conversation about some issues in a network. They discuss some issues related to how PPP forwards data, so they happen to be discussing the data structure that includes the PPP header and trailer. Which of the following terms do they use? B) Packet
14. Which of the following are true facts about IP addresses? (Choose two answers.) C) Are listed in the data-link trailer D) Used by routers to make a forwarding decision 15. Which of the following answers is true about Ethernet MAC addresses? A) 48 bits in length C) Are listed in the data-link trailer 16. Which of the following statements is true comparing LANs and WANs? (Choose two answers.) A) LANs generally connect devices that are nearer to each other, compared to WANs. D) LANs are purchased, and WANs are leased. 17. Which of the following answers list true facts about the data link layer of TCP/IP? (Choose two answers.) B) Two TCP/IP data-link protocols are Ethernet and PPP. C) Data-link protocols define addresses that identify devices connected to the underlying physical link. 18. Which of the following answers list true facts about the network layer of TCP/IP? (Choose two answers.) B) The two primary protocols are TCP and IP. C) IP provides logical addressing and routing services
19. Which of the following answers lists true facts about the transport layer of TCP/IP? B) The two primary protocol options are TCP and IP. C) TCP provides error recovery services to application layer protocols that use TCP. 20. A PC user opens a web browser and sends a request to a web server to load a new web page. Three routers forward the data as it passes from client to server. Consider the data plus all headers and trailers that go from the web client to the web server. Which of the following headers go all the way from the web client to the web server? (Choose three answers.) A)Data-link header B) Network layer header C) Transport layer header
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX