Nalanda Associates is committed to achieving Health, Safety, and Security and Environmental management for all its activities as an integral part of our business. The purpose of Nalanda Associates HSSE Management System (HSSE-MS) is to provide the framework and structure for the delivery of the highest level of HSSE Performance in accordance with best industry practice.
Individual Health, Safety, Security and Environment systems, management tools and techniques have evolved over years. They just needed to be integrated into the business in a structured manner. In order to manage HSSE effectively, we need a sound management system to provide managers with the assurance that they are discharging their responsibilities effectively and as a basis for continuous HSSE performance improvement. The Nalanda Associates HSSE Management System has been developed to meet these needs; it provides a set of arrangements to ensure that we control our HSSE risks in a practical, effective and efficient manner.
It builds on experience gained in the application of earlier systems and arrangements and also draws on external developments such as Quality Management standards (ISO 9000), Health and Safety Management (HS(G)65),Environmental Management (ISO 14000) and HSSE Management (E&P Forum). The aim of the HSSE Management System is to provide an assurance to all of us at Nalanda Associates, as well as regulators, partners, licensing authorities and insurers that we are able to comply with Company Policy and Legislation through a process of self-regulation and control. The emphasis is placed on an approach which is both objective setting (establishing what to do and then doing it) as well as proactive (taking action before and not after the event). Plan → Do →Check → Act
The focus is on a systems model approach as applied in quality and other business Management systems. This self-regulatory approach is risk based, not at any cost, but on the premise that necessary and cost effective measures applied, should reduce risk to a level that is As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP*). The management system combines Health, Safety, Security and Environment, and is based on the following key points:
• Prominence being given by both industry and the regulators world-wide to the need for self regulation based on internal control;
• Managers setting their own objectives, monitoring their achievement and demonstrating that the organisation is self regulating – thus minimising external regulatory burdens; • Synergy to be obtained from managing HSSE together;
• Need for sustained effort to improve HSSE performance;
• Integration of HSSE into our businesses for efficient use of management resources. * ALARP – a point at which the cost of further risk reduction is grossly dis-proportionate to the benefit gained.
It is to be recognized that Nalanda Associates is going through a phase of continuous growth. Hence, the HSSE-MS will need to continually evolve to respond to changing needs of business environment. HSSE Management System cuts across the functional boundaries of different departments/installations/facilities in Nalanda Associates and is a system to manage HSSE in an Integrated and co-ordinated way.
Demonstrate Leadership and commitment at all levels of management chain • Establishing performance contracts & key performance indicators related to HSSE deliverables across all levels in the organisation for successful delivery of HSSE Targets & plans for the year
• To develop and implement strategies to improve Contractors’ HSSE performance through visible leadership and increased facilitation to contract partners.
Reduce levels of environmentally harmful emissions, discharge and waste operations and activities.
• Develop & implement targets to reduce GHG emission
• To apply best practices for minimising emissions in new projects
Ensure ‘zero injury’ operation
• To ensure that staff and contractors managing their activities understand & implement Life Savers & associated standards & procedures.
• Focus on safety during execution of new projects
• Ensure lessons learnt are implemented
Health – Zero Occupational Illness
• Improve upon current Health Assurance Framework (HAF) score of 85% to 100%
Security – Zero Security Incident
• Review and effectively monitor security risks and implementation of associated control Measures
Used for this report
This includes observation
1. When ,where, with whom
PU foam factory ………
2. Consultation with whom
3. Inspection when,where,how
4. Document verification which documents you verified.