As I get further and further along in this simulation, I have noticed that I am beginning to understand what it takes as a marketing manager in order to be successful. Careful considerations must be made to be sure that the right decisions benefit both Minnesota Micromotors, Inc., and our customers. Our success comes from our customers’ success and loyalty that they have with this company. In finding ways to incorporate the important factors that matter most to our customers is what will bring in new customers and keep our existing ones around for the long hall. My strategy for Minnesota Micromotors, Inc. that I have entered into the simulation game for 2015 Q2 were based on similar factors that I had used in the previous quarters. Like in prior quarters, I tend to base my decision strategy on the customers satisfaction of the overall product and pricing. I also find that it is important to base my decisions on the income statement from prior quarters as well to see where I could adjust things to work in my favor.
I am still having issues discovering what needs to change in order to increase the weak areas and to find what is lacking to get this issue resolved. In 2015 Q2, I chose to change my sales force from 26% on Segments A and B down to 25% and increase Segments C and D from 24% to 25%. I think by giving all segments the same percentage may in fact even things out. I then made the decision to increase the power to size ratio from $47K up to $100K, and the thermal resistance feature from $48K up to $100K. In doing so, spending as much as $100K – $500K per year could result in both the power to size ratio and the thermal resistance after several years. I find this to be an important factor that can increase profitability for Minnesota Micromotors, Inc. in the future.