1. Read all the material for weeks 4, and 5.
2. Make sure that you use marketing terms learned from the textbook in your answers.
Create a double spaced word-processed document with the answers to the following questions:
1. Choose printed ads for five different consumer products (could be from a magazine, coupons, etc.). For each ad, write a description of what you think the demographic characteristics of the targeted market are. Attach the ad to your assignment.
2. Go to the Web sites of JCPenney, http://www.jcpenney.com, and Target, http://www.target.com. Compare which is more product-focused and which is more brand focused. Which company’s approach do you think will appeal more to the “Holy Grail” target market of 25- to 35-year-old women?
3. Read the Mary Kay Case attached to this assignment right here (Mary Kay Inc.pdfPreview the documentView in a new window) and answer the following questions:
a. The younger demographic is important to Mary Kay Inc. both as consumers of the company’s products and as its sales force. Since the market is one and the same, can the company utilize one marketing strategy targeting both consumers and sellers? Why or why not?