1. Page 158 = Who does Maniac bring to the party? What do you think is motivations are for doing this? A: Maniac brings Mars Bars to the party. I think that the reason he brings Mars Bars, to the party was to show the people at the McNabs party that black people are not mean.
2. Page 159 = How did Maniac convince his guest to come with him? A: Maniac convinces Mars to go to the party by showing Mars how good was the west end.
3. Page 158-159 = Where does Maniac and his guest go before going to the McNabs’ party? Why? A: Maniac and Mars Bars go to the Pickwells. The reason they go,is because Maniac wanted Mars to see all what the west end offered. —————————————————————————————————– Chapter 42 (pg. 162-166)
4. Page 163 = What “game” do the McNabs decide to play at the birthday party? How does this make the guests feel? A: The game they play is rebels. Which is a game about blacks against whites. This makes Mars feel indifferent and left out. 5. Page 164 = Why does Mars Bar says “Yeah, bomb shelter?” What has he realized about the McNabs? A: Mars says that because he knows that the bunker is to stop black people. He knows that they hate the black people.. 6. Page 165 = Was Maniac’s plan successful? What do you think his plan originally was? Should he have invited who he did? A: Maniacs plan was a total disaster. I think his original plan was to make them friends. He shouldn’t have invited Mars Bars because he hates white people. —————————————————————————————————– Chapter 43 (pg. 167-169)
7. Page 168 = What does Maniac do to relieve stress? What time does he do it? A: He runs, in the morning.
8. Page 168 = What does “black and white only began when the alarm clocks rang?” mean?
A: This means that the blacks and the whites have been enemies since the beginning. ————————————————————————————————- Chapter 44 (pg. 170-173)
9. Page 170 = Who does Maniac realize is also out running? A: Maniac realizes that the person who was also running was Mars Bars.
10. Page 171 = Describe how the two people begin running together. Who are they, and why do they run this way? A: They ran every day and at the same time except that they ran on opposite ends. The people are Maniac and Mars Bars. They ran this way because it made them feel free and helped them relieve stress. —————————————————————————————————– Chapter 45 (pg. 174-180)
11. Page 172-173 = Who comes to get Maniac? Why? What happened? A: The person who comes to get Maniac is Piper Mcnab. The reason why he calls him is because Russel was in trouble. He was trapped high in the middle of the trestle. 12. Page 173 = Is Maniac successful in his rescue?
A: Maniacs rescue was not a success because he just walked away. 13. Page 174 = Who comes to get Maniac? Where is Maniac sleeping? A:Mars Bars comes to get Maniac. Maniac is sleeping in the buffalo pen. 14. Page 176 = What do we learn about the rescue? Where did the boys go after the rescue? How is this important? A:We learn that Mars bars rescued Russel. They went to the Mars Bars house. It is important because their friendship grows and the kids got cured. 15. Page 180 = What is the big invitation that Maniac gets? How does he react? A:The invitation he gets is that if he wanted to go to Mars house. He runs away. ——————————————————————————————————— Chapter 46 (pg. 181-184)
16. Page 182 = Who else comes to visit Maniac? What does she want? Is she successful? A:The person who comes to visit Maniac is Amanda Beale. She wants to take Maniac home but she fails because Maniac think’s something bad will happen. 17. Page 183 = Why does Maniac say that he has “all he ever wanted?” A:He says that because he finally knows that a real home is near.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX