Now that you’ve read “Lamb to the Slaughter” and studied the nuances of crafting a persuasive argument, pretend you are the defense attorney for Mary Maloney. You will craft your closing arguments as a persuasive speech to be delivered to the judge and jury in her murder trial. Your defense is that Mary Maloney is NOT guilty by reason of temporary insanity. If you need to look up the stipulations for such an argument, please do so. You will be held accountable for them. You must include a minimum of three quotes from the story to craft your argument.
* Your Role: Defense Attorney for Mary Maloney
* Your Audience: Judge and Jury
* Your Job: Persuade the audience that Mary Maloney is NOT guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
* Must include a minimum of three (3) quotes from the story that help support your argument * Must include at least two (2) counterarguments
* Must include at least one (1) concession
* Must include at least one (1) example of polysyndeton and one (1) of asyndeton * Must include at least two (2) examples EACH of ethos, logos, and pathos * Must be organized in a manner that is coherent and supports your argument * Have a clear beginning, middle, and end to the speech
* Transitions between paragraphs are effective and more advanced that “next” and “then”
* Answer the following questions about your writing before delivering your speech: * Did my introduction hook my reader?
* Did I divide the body of the essay into coherently organized paragraphs? * Are my transitions more interesting than words like
“and” and “then”? * Is there a clear beginning, middle, and end to my essay? * Does my conclusion wrap up my argument in an effective way? * Rule of Length: Juries are easily bored, so keep your closing remarks to between 2-3 minutes in length. * SPEECHES WILL BE DELIVERED ON FRIDAY AND MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9 AND 12. * 100 POINTS and 10 bonus points will be awarded to the closing argument deemed most effective by the class!
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX