1. The zionest is a movement f' />
Middle East Conflicts Question’s
1. The zionest is a movement founded in the 1890’s to promote the establishment of a Jewish homeland in Palestine
2. The 1917 Balfour Declaration declared that the British favored a Jewish homeland in Palestine
3. Divide palestine into two states one for the palestinians and one for the jews. The jews supported it but the palestinians did not.
4. The Israeli Declaration of Independence was read out on Friday, the 14th of May 1948 by David Ben Gurion, who then became the first Prime Minister of the new state.
5. The Arab-Isreali conflicts broke out when five arab nations invaded Isreal.
6. In 1956 the isrealies attacked the suez canal,Israel held the Gaza Strip and had advanced as far as Sharm al-Sheikh along the Red Sea.
7. The Six-Day War took place in June 1967. Arab countries attacked isreal, and Isreal gained control of old city Jersalem, the Sinai Peninsula, the Golan heights, and the West bank.
8. On October 6, 1973, hoping to win back territory lost to Israel during the third Arab-Israeli war, in 1967, Egyptian and Syrian forces launched a coordinated attack against Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar. Taking the Israeli Defense Forces by surprise, Egyptian troops swept deep into the Sinai Peninsula, while Syria struggled to throw occupying Israeli troops out of the Golan Heights. Israel counterattacked and recaptured the Golan Heights. A cease-fire went into effect on October 25, 1973.
9. The Palestine Liberation Organization it was formed in 1964 the laeder ofthe group was Yasir Arafat.
10. On september 17, Egypt and Isreal signed two agreements, the leader of Egypt was Anwar Sadat and the prime minister Menachem begin.
11. Egypt recognized Isreal as a state, and Isreal returned the Sinai Pennisula to Egypt.
12. President Anwar Sadat angered arabs and was assinated in 1981.
13. The intifadas were unarmed teenagers who attacked Isrealie soldiers.
14. The people involved in the Oslo Peace Records were Isreal(yitzhak Rabin) and palestine(Arafat)
15. Isreal, under the leadership of Yitzhak Rabin agreed to grant the palestinians self-rule in the gaza strip and the west bank.
16. Yitzak was assainated by a right-wing jewish extremist who opposed concessions to the palestinians.