Haigh’s Chocolate is a family owned Australia chocolatier based in Adelaide SA. They specialize in handmade and single origin chocolates from Australia and around the world. The business is the oldest family owned chocolate maker in Australia and looking to increase awareness interstate and also around the world. Therefore, you are being called in as a consultant to develop new marketing opportunities to expand the brand.
You are now employed as a team of 3 – 4 (max.) marketing consultants to help design a Marketing Plan for them. However you will need to firstly understand the brand by performing a SWOT analysis and then designing the Marketing Mix (4P’s). Lastly, it is very important that you are able to foresee or predict potential problems you might have with making or launching the product. As a team, you are required to pitch your marketing plan to your class. Haigh’s Chocolate is looking for a creative, practical and fun marketing strategy!
Objectives of the Marketing Plan:
1) To build awareness for Haigh’s Chocolate
2) To increase brand recognition for Haigh’s Chocolate
There are many occasions, celebrations and festivals in a year. Some of them are celebrated with chocolates! Your consulting firm is given the task of creating a product, or packaging its current range of products into a product especially for an occasion of your choice. For example, for Valentine’s Day you may create a bouquet of Haigh’s chocolate roses, or a World Food Day chocolate where proceeds go to a non-profit organization or to theme the chocolates with a local festival!
Your team can decide on the product strategy by looking at the various marketing theories taught this semester. The challenge is to think outside the box and create a product that is feasible for the brand!
Your report MUST also entail a product (chocolate) design and a poster.
You can use external images, or use software (e.g. Photoshop or Illustrator) to design your product. I you should choose to, you can also bring a prototype to your class for presentation.
For more information about Haigh’s Chocolate, visit http://www.haigh’schocolate.com.au/
Word count: 2500 – 3000 (+/- 10%) words
1) Application of theory: You will need to apply marketing theories for this assignment. You can refer to your textbook to help you to write the Marketing Plan. For specific guides on writing the marketing plan please refer to Chapter 2 of your textbook. 2) Presentation: You are required to present your Marketing Plan within your tutorial class to gauge feedback from your tutor and peers. This will help you to refine your plan for the written report. 3) Template: A report template has been provided on Moodle for this assignment. You will need to follow the template and discuss your marketing plan accordingly. However, if you need to add additional information, you can put it in Appendix. Do download and use accordingly.
4) Referencing: You are expected to refer to external resources for theories, ideas or current trends. However, you will need to apply theories to your statements/claims. These will need to be justified and supported by theory. Therefore, you will NEED to have at least 5 academic references for this assignment. Textbooks are not considered an academic reference, and it is expected that you would refer to it. You will need to reference it if you use your textbook. You should use resources from databases such as ProQuest, Emerald, Science Direct, and so on.
5) Formatting: 12pt, 1.5 spacing.
1) Appendix: You may choose to include an Appendix section. However it is not mandatory.
You will need to submit a HARDCOPY to your tutor via your tutor’s pigeon hole. A softcopy MUST be submitted via Moodle
Penalties apply for late submissions (10% per day).