The negative effects of global warming are slowly ruining the environment we live in. In a few decades, it is possible our Earth will be very uncomfortable to live on. I have researched the issues of global warming and have found out as much as I possibly can in order to deliver an informative speech about global warming. Global warming is an extremely important topic to me, because knowing what the negative effects of global warming are and what can be done to help solve those effects, our environment can stay safe and protected, and clearly the environment is one of the most essential parts of our daily lives.
There is a significant amount of negative effects for the environment and for human life due to global warming. Global warming affects each and every one of us. We should all be concerned with what is happening to our planet.
TRANSITION: We will be more inclined to help reduce the effects of global warming if we understand what these effects are… 1.) Rising temperatures are more dangerous for certain areas over other areas. 2.) The rising temperatures are causing changes in our precipitation. 3.) Over time, global warming will worsen and cause more problems for us, as well as our future generations.
I. The main and most detrimental effect of global warming is the increase in the global average temperature.
A. In the past 100 years the Earth’s global average temperature rose by 0.98 to 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. This rise in temperature has been confirmed by at least 20 scientific communities.
a. This includes all of the national academies of science of the G8 states.
b. G8 is the world’s most industrialized nations working to stop the increase in global average temperature.
2. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Control concludes that the increase in temperature is due to the increase in greenhouse gas emissions, also known as the greenhouse effect.
a. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Control has also concluded that the global temperatures will rise by 2 to 11.5 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2100.
TRANSITION: With the global average temperatures raising so much in quite a short period of time, we must be prepared for what the causes of this rise may be if there is no solution to global warming.
II. The rising of the average global temperatures is extremely dangerous for those of us who live near places of frequent drought, flooding, and places of poverty.
A. One effect of global warming is the reduction of summer streams flow.
1. This can be a problem in areas of frequent drought, with reduced flow of water, drought will become more frequent.
B. There is also rising sea levels because of the melting of glaciers and ice masses.
1. For areas near bodies of water, this can become a major problem. There will be more flooding due to the sea levels rising over the
C. Another effect of global warming is more intense weather events, agricultural yields, and an increase in the ranges of disease.
1. Most of these effects will become a problem for areas of poverty. Areas of poverty will not have the shelter or tools necessary to help protect themselves against these damaging effects of global warming.
TRANSITION: The rising global average temperature of global warming is the main cause for many of the effects that global warming is having on our environment and our species.
III. The rising temperatures caused by global warming are changing precipitation patterns.
A. The change in precipitation will play a major role in the Earth’s climate.
1. The change in climate will have lasting impacts on the people living and dealing with the climate.
2. The Earth may become a very uncomfortable place to live in the upcoming decades, with increased precipitation and harsh weather.
TRANSITION: There are many other effects of global warming, I have only named a few, the few that I feel will affect us in our own lifetimes.
CONCLUSION: However, as global warming continues to become more pronounced and temperatures continue to rise, the negative effects on our environment will become more and more of a problem to us and to our future generations.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX