A freight forwarder, forwarder, or forwarding agent, is a person or company that organizes shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer or producer to a market, customer or final point of distribution.
They act as an intermediary between shipper and carriers, that is between exporter and the shipping line either by air, sea, road or rail. It is not unusual that multiple carrier is needed for a single shipment. The freight forwarder responsibilities include advice on documentation and customs requirements in the country of destination. His overseas correspondent looked after the shipment and keeps the forwarder informed about any matters that would affect the movement of the goods.
When a business uses a freight forwarding company to move their merchandise, they are outsourcing many activities that are required in international shipping. A forwarder does not only move the goods but acts as an expert in the supply chain management.
By outsourcing a shipment to a freight forwarder, there are various advantages for the trader as per below:
1. Outsourcing makes the trader job easier: One of the first benefits of hiring a freight forwarder is that the trader gets to outsource the job. The services offer by the forwarding agent includes customs documentation, risk management, insurance, warehousing, and customs clearing so that takes away the burden of managing these things to transport your freight items.
2. Freight forwarder provides professional services: Shipment of goods need a good planning and organising methods for a proper flow and ensure a good sequence. When hiring a freight forwarder, the trader can be assured of the professionalism in the work. At the same time, every process that is involved in the transportation of goods is duly considered. The freight forwarding company is also familiar with international destinations, custom
rules and regulations, which vehicle and equipment are suitable for specific goods transportation. Therefore it is a good practice to hire a professional freight forwarder.
3. One stop solution for transportation needs: A freight forwarder provides various cargo related services to the exporters and importers worldwide. They have link and contact with many other different transporters and can transport your goods by means of air, sea and land. Freight forwarders have vast experience in the transport business and they are the best advisor for export and import business.
4. Time and cost saving: Freight forwarding companies are experienced in the transportation business therefore you get your job done in the shortest amount of time possible with quality service commitment. It can also save you the total cost for freighting your products. These companies have highly-skilled labors that have the sense of quality work and know their duties.
5. Offers the extreme ease: Freight forwarders offer the extreme ease for your transporting needs. You will get your goods transferred with satisfaction and reliability in the easiest way you could ever imagine. Such companies have vast connections with customs and other agencies that get your job done in a timely manner.
6. Avoid the risk of damage or any loss: If you hire a freight forwarding company, you can avoid the risk of damage or any loss of goods. Because the company will be responsible in that case if something happens to your freight items.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX