Burger King Worldwide is a Delaware corporation that franchises and operates fast food hamburger restaurants, principally under the Burger King® brand (also referred to as the “Brand”). Since the company’s founding as a single restaurant in Miami, Florida in 1954, we have grown to become the world´s second largest fast food hamburger restaurant, or FFHR, chain as measured by the total number of restaurants.
The board of BK sets the “tone at the top” by promoting an ethical culture that respects and values all employees and stakeholders and encourages compliance with all laws and company policies. Their vision is to be the most profitable QSR business, through a strong franchise system and great people, serving the best burgers in the world. Along with the vision, BK have a strong set of values that are the foundation of how they work day-to-day and help shape the company’s future. Burger King operated in business that is by the natural socially and environmentally sensitive.
For instance, Food safety at BURGER KING® restaurants is non-negotiable; The BURGER KING McLAMORESM Foundation has granted more than $17.6 million to students in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico since founding the BURGER KING Scholars™ program in 2000; BURGER KING® restaurants received PETA’S “Most Improved National Food Chain” award in their fifth annual Proggy Awards, which recognize companies for their progress; The A+ rating by The Better Business Bureau is Based on our performance related to ethical business practices.
But inevitably, Burger King has gone through various legal issues, especially with certain pressure groups. Some of the disputes that occurred to Burger King, e.g. A trademark dispute involving the owners of the identically named Burger King in Mattoon, Illinois, led to a federal lawsuit; Controversies and disputes have arisen with groups such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), governmental and social agencies, and unions and trade groups over various topics; Further controversies have occurred during the company’s expansion in the Middle East.
Disputes involving these many legal topics have affected almost every aspect of the company’s operations. The ethical policies and corporate responsibilities practiced by Burger King that appeal to various stakeholders. Depending on the ownership and executive staff at the time of these incidents, the company’s responses to these challenges have ranged from a conciliatory dialog with its critics and litigants, to a more aggressive opposition with questionable tactics and negative consequences. The company’s response to these various issues has drawn praise as well as accusations of political appeasement from different parties over the years. It can be clearly seen the efforts the Burger King has put into fulfilling their responsibilities towards their respective stakeholders. In regard to initiatives, we found that the Burger king’s CSR is focused on 4 key areas: 1. Commitment to Food
* BK provides detailed nutrition information to the guests so they can make informed choices. * BK’s HAVE IT YOUR WAY® brand promise lets the consumers customize their menu choices to meet their individual diets and lifestyles. * Nutrition, quality, value and taste are all important attributes that can help the guests and their children make choices that promote healthy living. 2. Commitment to People
BK continues to distinguish themselves from their competitors by being an exceptional employer. One of the ways that they accomplish this goal is by creating a culture that is Bold, Accountable, Empowered and Fun. 3. Commitment to the Environment
* BK is continually researching and developing ways to make changes that will be positive on the environment without compromising operational standards. * BURGER KING® Green Sessions
* Reduce, reuse and recycle.
* Purchase beef that has been raised in environmentally responsible ways. 4. Commitment to Corporate Governance
* The core ethical and governance principles of BKC begin at the top. * As a condition of doing business within the BURGER KING® system, every approved vendor must comply with the Code of Business Ethics and Conduct for Vendors. * They partnered with, and received recognition from, a variety of organizations that share our dedication to being a good corporate citizen and improving our communities around the world. In conclusion, Burger King should focus on these initiatives that can create a long-term sustainable competitive advantage. For the problems and issues, no matter that organisation arises, but it is how an organisation deal with it makes it a successful one.
Retrieved from investor.bk.com/conteudo_en.asp?idioma=1&conta=44&tipo=43565 Retrieved from investor.bk.com/conteudo_en.asp?idioma=1&conta=44&tipo=43566 “Burger King Brands, Inc.”. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved January 18, 2011. Burger King – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (n.d.). Retrieved September 8, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_King Jermaine, John (November 20, 2003). “The burger king and queen of Mattoon”. The Illinois Times. Retrieved September 26, 2007. “Burger King responds to trans-fat cooking oil suit”. CTV. Associated Press. May 17, 2007. Retrieved September 28, 2007. Martin, Andrew (May 24, 2008). “Burger King Grants Raise to Pickers”. The New York Times. Retrieved May 25, 2008. Scheck v. Burger King, 756 F. Supp 543 (11th Cir. 1991)
Corporate Responsibility | Company Information | BURGER KING®. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.bk.com/en/us/company-info/corporate-responsibility/index.html
[ 1 ]. Retrieved from investor.bk.com/conteudo_en.asp?idioma=1&conta=44&tipo=43565 [ 2 ]. Burger King – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (n.d.). Retrieved September 8, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_King [ 3 ]. Corporate Responsibility | Company Information | BURGER KING®. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.bk.com/en/us/company-info/corporate-responsibility/index.html
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample, we can send it to you via email.
Please, specify your valid email address
Topic: Csr Issue of Burger King
We can't stand spam as much as you doNo, thank’s. I prefer suffering on my own.
Remember that this is just a sample essay and since it might not be original, we do not recommend to submit it. However, we might edit this sample to provide you with a plagiarism-free paperEdit this sample
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX