Anemia due to inadequate iron intake, from lack of breast milk and iron fortified formula. 2. Picky eaters.
3. Dental problems due to sleeping with bottle filled with milk or juice. 4. Food being used as a reward or punishment leading to poor concepts of eating.
1. Increased occurrences of food or environmental allergies. 2. Poor dental
hygiene can affect appetite and lead to difficulty chewing. 3. Poor nutritional choices of foods offered to children.
1. Dietary guild lines.
2. Weight gain and obesity leading to hypertension and risk for type two diabetes. Pattern of Elimination:
List two normal assessment findings that would be characteristic for each age group. List two potential problems that a nurse may discover in an assessment of each age group. 1. Toilet training usually begins at 18 months. 2. Regular schedule for BM develops. 3. Realization of not liking the sensation of being wet or dirty and wanting to be changed.
1. Forgetting to wash hands after using the bathroom.
2. Forgetting to flush the toilet.
3. May still have occasional accidents.
1. Urinating 6-8 times per day.
2. BM 1-2 times per day.
3. Full bladder control at the age of 5.
1. Potential for delays with toilet training.
2. Potential for regression.
3. Potential for using toilet training as a means for control.
1. Positive reinforcement and encouragement aids in the success of mastering independent elimination. 2. Avoid teasing, punishing or making an issue of “accidents” with elimination. 1. Nocturnal enuresis or bed wetting.
2. Diurnal enuresis or involuntary urination during the day. Pattern of Activity and Exercise:
List two normal assessment findings that would be characteristic for each age group.
List two potential problems that a nurse may discover in an assessment of each age group. 1. Always in motions a whirl of movement.
2. Parallel play.
1. Play is the primary activity.
2. Plays in a group setting.
3. Can cut and paste and hold a pencil with control.
1. Peer play.
2. Organized team sports.
3. The development of gross and fine motor skills.