Ancasa AllSuites Resort was established in May 2003 and at that time, it was known as Impiana Resort Apartment. In February 2004, they have changed their name to Ancasa AllSuites Resort and Spa. It is located by the famous beach of Teluk Kemang, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan. It is only 90 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur, 60 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and 10 minutes away from town of Port Dickson. This resort is rated as 4-star hotel and well known for its beautiful landscape, ‘one of a kind’ Balinese Garden and large holiday dwellings since their main target market is families.
Ancasa AllSuites Resort and Spa offers comfortable facilities such as accommodation, meeting rooms and banquet, recreational activities, sea sport activities and dining services. The uniqueness of Ancasa is where they offer large holiday dwellings that could accommodate a family of four or more. Ancasa offers varieties of bedroom apartments that have been furnished with ethnic interior décor and spacious living room. Other than that, Ancasa has the necessary infrastructure in organizing variety of functions.
They have three meeting rooms; Kayangan I, Kayangan II and Kayangan III that can fit 150 persons each at one time. Besides, they also offer recreational facilities such as swimming pool, outdoor games, indoor games and sea sport games. Guests could try horse riding, kayaking, snorkelling or even beach volleyball. They also provide dining services which are Saffron Brasserie and Steamboat Express. Since Ancasa introduced new concept of resort marketing in Port Dickson where they are keen to organize family days or corporate functions, business has picked up tremendously and their weekend occupancy rate jumped to almost 90% and 99% on a busy weekend. These help to contribute to the Ancasa’s stability in the service sector especially hospitality industry in Malaysia.
1.1 SWOT ANALYSIS
SWOT Analysis is a model that analyzes an organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to create the basis of a marketing strategy. This model is a documenting model that helps to analyze the internal Strength (S) and Weakness (W) of a company as well as company’s external Opportunities (O) and Threats (T). This level of analysis enables an organization to determine whether there are factors present that will help in the achievement of specific objectives (due to an existing strength or opportunity) or if there are obstacles that must be overcome before the desired outcome can be realized (due to weaknesses or threats).
* Business Attractiveness Ancasa AllSuites Resort and Spa is well known for its beautiful landscape and unique physical offering which is the Balinese Spa and Massage Treatment. This resort is also suitable for large holiday dwellings especially families with more than four members. Besides, the properties are well maintained by the management and there is continuous improvement of facilities done by the management. Ancasa is planning to build a banquet hall that can fit 900 people at one time, Japanese restaurant and also a gift shop at the entrance of the resort.
* Relationship with customers Creating customer loyalty is not an easy job for the marketers. Customer loyalty is something that they value and they understand its significance. One of the reasons for the successfulness of Ancasa is their long term relationship with the customers. This relationship is the binding factor that leads to the loyal customers of Ancasa. With a clear focus and persistent efforts, Ancasa ables to maintain good relationship with the customers. ‘People make the Difference’ is the motto that the Resident Manager adheres to, so Ancasa personalized service that it provides to each client.
* Staff turnover The third strengths of Ancasa are the low rate of staff turnover. 90% of their workers are local staff. It is not very easy to seek capable workers that can work in this industry and this shows that Ancasa is not dependent on immigrant workers for its operations.
* Facilities Although Ancasa provides necessary infrastructure for organizing a function, it still did not meet the standard. Ancasa only have halls that can fit 150 people at one time where as the number of corporations in their guests’ list are increasing. They do not have large hall that can accommodate large groups for specific function.
* Target markets Because of the competitive pressure, most of the operators (resort and hotel) are targeting similar markets. It is not easy to attract customers if the offers are the same as others. The need to stand out is more evidenced as survival of the fittest becomes the order of the game.
* Competitors Many developers and hospitality operators open new hotels & resorts of various standards & with different levels of facilities. There were already more than 20 registered 3 to 4 star hotels in the resort town.
* Qualified workforce shortage Service sector especially hospitality industry in Malaysia is currently facing a shortage of qualified and well trained personnel especially at the operational end. Thus, dependence on English speaking immigrant workers especially from the Phillippines, India, Bangladesh & Indonesia has become more pronounced as hotel & resorts seek capable worker.
* Massive Investment New investors are still coming in and pumping massive investment. Investors are still eyeing this resort town & are expanding further with offerings of yacht clubs, marina facilities & clubhouses for members.