1. What roles the HR function has been playing in the company?
The human resource management has been playing an indispensable role in this bank. From the case we can find out the HRM includes many functions:
(1) Recruiting the right person for the right job at the right post.
(2) By constituting and implementing policies, accessing and monitoring the employees’ performances.
(3) Helping design training programs that support employees continuously improve.
(4) Assisting organizational members in how to work effectively (E.g., team building). Aiming to increase increases the level of performance, productivity and also improves the quality of the product and service.
(5) Making the employees satisfied with high quality of work life. Giving them equal chance to realize their potential and fulfill their career dreams.
(6) Supporting the organization achieve its strategic goal.
2. How would you describe the HR management practices the company is implementing? Can they be transferred to the other Nepali organizations?
The company is implementing the various HR management practices. It holds a weekly meeting to discuss day-to-day activities to achieve the organizational goal easily. Through the Internet access to the HR system the company has been able to reduce its recruiting cost by more than 33 percent. They implemented a detailed policy on employee monitoring keeping informed on employee activities. They also enlightened each employee of this organization of this policy. They also helped design training programs that support senior manager’s continuous improvement program. The manager also emphasizes on teamwork and adaptability to change.
I think some of these practices can be transferred to the other Nepali organizations. Because many companies only focus on productivity and profit, but ignore the resource of human that created the wealth. So how to use this resource efficiently is a big issue for an organization. The practices of this successful bank can be used for reference. However, in accordance with its own circumstance, the policy and the practices can be implemented properly.
3. What are the major HR challenges/issues facing the company? Do other organizations face similar challenges? How they can be addressed?
–The major challenge identified in this company is the changing environment. As said by the manager that organizations have evolved tremendously over the past decade and change is no longer something that occurs in a controlled fashion. So the important thing is to learn how to become more flexible in dealing with the changes that will arise and taking active roles in the management. The vice president plans to retrain the human resource in terms of effective managerial skills and competencies such as project management and team building.
–Second, the sophisticated technology that makes jobs getting more complex and requires significant interaction is a challenge as well. The manager should ensure that they have the right people for those jobs, which in most cases, will require then to continuously train and upgrade their employees’ skills.
–Diversity among the staffs is another challenge for them. All employees are not alike either in skill level or in their backgrounds. Thus the company needs to recognize and respect differences in people so that it can capitalize on their strengths they bring to them.
No doubt other organizations will also face the similar challenges. However, respecting people and retraining the employees are the basic solutions to these challenges.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX