Volkswagen AG offers eight brand of automobiles Volkswagen (passenger) , Volkswagen commercial vehicle , VWgroupsupply.com handles 90 percent of Volkswagen global purchases. Almost all requirements for quotes contact negotiations, catalog updating and buying, and purchase-order management, vehicle program management, and payments are handle electronically and online through VWgroupsupply.com. Has in essence, created a system that brings the necessary information to the purchasing. This new system within VWgroupsupply.com is called IPAD, or international purchasing agent desk.
1. Volkswagen operates its own proprietary B2B e-marketplace in which is suppliers participate what are the disadvantage to Volkswagen of not using a generic B2B e-marketplace with even more suppliers? What are that advantage to Volkswagen of developing and using its own proprietary B2B e-marketplace? Answer:
2. When Volkswagen need a new part design. It uses. VWsupplygroup.com to get its suppliers involved in a design process early. This creates a tremendous amount of interorganizational collaboration. What are the advantage to the suppliers and to Volkswagen and going so? Answer:
3. How much Volkswagen Vwgroupsuplly.com B2B e-marketplace an example of a vertical e-marketplace implementation? How is it an example of a horizontal e-marketplace implementation? Why is it necessary that Volkswagen combine both of these e-marketplaces into one e-marketplace? What would be the drawbacks to creating two different e-marketplace-ones for suppliers or direct materials and one supplier of MRO materials? Answer:
4. To make effective purchasing agents need business intelligence. What kind of business intelligence does IPAD provide to purchasing agents for carrying out their tasks? What addition kinds of business intelligence not discussed
in this case could Volkswagen’s purchasing agent take advantage of to make more effective decisions? Answer:
5. IPAD manages the workflow for purchasing agents. Describe how IPAD manages this process including information provided, steps to be executed, and the presentation of information. Answer: