Directions: Carefully read the essay exam topics and choose the one topic that interests you the most. Next, type a five-paragraph essay of at least 500 words or more. Use 12-inch, double-spaced, Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins all around. Don’t forget to include a clear thesis statement, plan of development, smooth transitions, and supporting details. Remember tips we learned in Chapter 18 as you complete this exam. Be sure to edit and proofread your essay before emailing it to me. Do your best!
1. There are times we end up in situations we wish we could have avoided or wish others had not witnessed. Those situations could have been caused by any number of things such as not paying attention, trying to show off, or being clumsy. Write a narrative essay that discusses one embarrassing situation you have experienced that has taught you a lesson.
2. R&B, Hip Hop, Jazz, Gospel, and Soul are types of music that many of us enjoy. Trey Songz, Beyonce Knowles, Mary Mary, and Kirk Franklin are just a few leading names in today’s popular music culture. Think about the type of music you most enjoy and write a division/classification essay categorizing three different artists of one type of music.
3. Hazing is a growing problem on college campuses across the nation. Many view the senseless practice of hazing as vicious, cruel, and sometimes quite dangerous. In a cause/effect essay, examine possible causes and effects of hazing.
4. You are having a tough time in a course. Your grade wavers between a “D” and “F.” You know that someone has stolen the instructor’s final exam. You are approached and given the opportunity to get a copy of the stolen exam. Tell whether or not you would get the exam. Defend your reasoning behind to or not to in an effective argumentative essay.
5. In his first Presidential Inaugural Address, Franklin D. Roosevelt assured Americans that “the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” What do you think fear means? In your essay, define fear and provide three specific illustrations that support your definition. .
6. President Barack Obama was re-elected to office in 2012. During his first term, he experienced much pressure with many Republicans voting against his programs, especially his National Insurance plans. In an exemplification essay, provide three clear examples of things he did effectively in his first term.
7. If you could go back to some time and place in the past, where would you go? Why? Describe in detail what place in your past you would want to revisit. Be sure use vivid, specific details to support your choice.
8. A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country and he or she has asked for your help in deciding which place in your country to visit. You have provided two choices for him, but he is still undecided. He has asked for specific details about each place so that he can make an informed decision. Based upon places that you have visited or vacationed, construct a well-developed comparison/contrast paper of two places that you would recommend.
9. Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Develop a process analysis paper explaining the steps needed to succeed in a task.
Courtney from Study Moose
Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/3TYhaX